cookie365 cookie365 is offline
Junior Member

Default Spacing after line break

Hello. Using Word 2013.

I'm using soft line breaks SHIFT-ENTER within a numbered list to split up long blocks of text in the same paragraph.

I want the spacing after each soft line break to be equal to the spacing after each paragraph as contained within the formatting style.

I don't want to change the line spacing itself, just the spacing immediately following the SHIFT-ENTER.

I know that if the after paragraph spacing is identical to the font size then I can just add in a second soft line break, but I can't be sure that'll always be the case.

Does anyone know who to do this?

Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

(Why not just use a paragraph style different from the numbered ones.)

What would happen if you changed the font size of a space character in
the line above or below where you want the extra line spacing? If your
line spacing is set to Single, changing the font size makes the lines
get farther apart. (Type a space at the end of the line and its tiny
extra width won't show.)

On Tuesday, November 15, 2016 at 9:31:08 PM UTC-5, cookie365 wrote:
Hello. Using Word 2013.

I'm using soft line breaks SHIFT-ENTER within a numbered list to split
up long blocks of text in the same paragraph.

I want the spacing after each soft line break to be equal to the spacing
after each paragraph as contained within the formatting style.

I don't want to change the line spacing itself, just the spacing
immediately following the SHIFT-ENTER.

I know that if the after paragraph spacing is identical to the font size
then I can just add in a second soft line break, but I can't be sure
that'll always be the case.

Does anyone know who to do this?

Line spacing refuses to stay at single spacing, how come? irishconnell Page Layout 2 April 5th 09 08:29 PM
Line Break Spacing Marsh New Users 1 June 27th 08 08:50 PM
optional line break -break line w/o hyphen; for long method names catherine_techwriter Microsoft Word Help 1 July 19th 06 08:38 PM
differentiate a line break from a paragraph break Jorge Microsoft Word Help 1 October 3rd 05 07:46 PM
Extra line spacing at top of page after a soft page break SteveP Microsoft Word Help 1 April 1st 05 05:01 PM