yong321 yong321 is offline
Junior Member

Default Letter é at beginning of word is Asian text font

I use Word 2010 on Windows 7 64-bit. When I copy e.g. ésprit from somewhere in plain text into Word, letter é is in font 宋体(Body Asian), and the letters after é are in Times New Roman, which is my document default. I have Chinese language installed on this laptop but English is the default language. I have to manually change the letter é to Times New Roman. The problem does not happen if é is not the first letter, as in the case of café, or even d'épices. Thanks for any solution!

[Update 2017-07-30] It turned out to be non-Unicode language being set to Chinese. The location to change it is Control Panel - Region and Language - Administrative - Language for non-Unicode programs.

Last edited by yong321 : July 30th 17 at 04:40 PM