Davy Pieters

Default Grouping tables and text boxes?

Hi,

I would be grateful if somebody could tell whether it is possible to group a
table and a text box. I know how to group figures and text boxes, but I guess
it should be possible to do the same with tables. Is it?

With kind regards from the Netherlands,
Davy Pieters
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Grouping tables and text boxes?

Steps to group a table and a text box in Microsoft Word:
  1. Select the table and the text box that you want to group together.
  2. Right-click on one of the objects and choose "Group" from the context menu. Then, select "Group" again from the submenu that appears.
  3. Your table and text box should now be grouped together as a single object.
  4. Move and resize the group as you would with any other object in Word.
  5. To ungroup the objects later, select the group and choose "Ungroup" from the context menu.
__________________
Jay Freedman

Davy Pieters wrote:
Hi,

I would be grateful if somebody could tell whether it is possible to
group a table and a text box. I know how to group figures and text
boxes, but I guess it should be possible to do the same with tables.
Is it?

With kind regards from the Netherlands,
Davy Pieters

Hi Davy,

It isn't possible to do it directly (you can't select both at the same time
in order to run the Group command). But you can place the table inside
another text box, whose line color and fill color are set to None. Then you
can group the two text boxes, and they should behave as you want -- for
example, if you drag one, the other will move along with it.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman