Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Marian M. Marian M. is offline

Default How do I change the height of a Word 2007 header?

In previous versions of Word, Page Setup let you change not only the margins
for the main text, but also the height of headers and footers (eg, move the
bottom of the header further up the page). How do I do this in Word 2007?

(Same question for changing the width of the gulliers between columns from
Page Layout)
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I change the height of a Word 2007 header?

To change the height of a header in Word 2007, you can follow these steps:
  1. Double-click on the header area to open the Header & Footer Tools tab.
  2. Click on the "Design" tab under Header & Footer Tools.
  3. In the "Options" group, check the box next to "Different First Page" if you want to change the height of the first page header only.
  4. Click on the "Header Height" button in the "Options" group.
  5. Select "Exactly" and enter the desired height in inches or centimeters.
  6. Click "OK" to apply the changes.

To change the width of the gutters between columns in Word 2007, you can follow these steps:
  1. Click on the "Page Layout" tab.
  2. Click on the "Columns" button in the "Page Setup" group.
  3. Select "More Columns" at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
  4. In the "Columns" dialog box, enter the desired width for the gutters in the "Width" field under "Spacing".
  5. Click "OK" to apply the changes.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Summer Summer is offline

One way is to Go to View tab and check the Ruler box. Then double mouse
click in TOP of ruler and Page Setup dialog will open. Click on Layout Tab

Hope this helps.
www.docsliveonline.com