Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
DaddyO72 DaddyO72 is offline

Default Wrap hyperlink / url in a table cell

How do I get a long hyperlink / url to wrap in a table cell that is no where
near big enough for it? It is a SharePoint URL which, and they are huge (see
below).
Thanks

http://teams/sites/ts1234/2009%20Key...47F31C312B4%7d

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Wrap hyperlink / url in a table cell

  1. Open your Word document and navigate to the table cell where you want to insert the hyperlink or URL.
  2. Type in the text or phrase that you want to hyperlink.
  3. Highlight the text or phrase and right-click on it.
  4. Select "Hyperlink" from the drop-down menu.
  5. In the "Insert Hyperlink" dialog box, paste the long hyperlink or URL into the "Address" field.
  6. Click on the "OK" button to insert the hyperlink.
  7. The hyperlink will now be inserted into the table cell, but it may extend beyond the cell boundaries.
  8. To wrap the hyperlink or URL, click on the table cell to select it.
  9. Navigate to the "Layout" tab in the "Table Tools" section of the ribbon.
  10. Click on the "Properties" button in the "Table" group.
  11. In the "Table Properties" dialog box, select the "Cell" tab.
  12. Under the "Options" section, check the box next to "Wrap text" and click on the "OK" button.
  13. The hyperlink or URL should now be wrapped within the table cell, making it easier to read and work with.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

On the Column tab of the Table Properties dialog box, specify a fixed column
width.

To display the dialog box, right-click the table and choose Table Properties
from the context menu.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"DaddyO72" wrote in message
How do I get a long hyperlink / url to wrap in a table cell that is no
where
near big enough for it? It is a SharePoint URL which, and they are huge
(see
below).
Thanks

http://teams/sites/ts1234/2009%20Key...47F31C312B4%7d

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
DaddyO72 DaddyO72 is offline

Thanks. I tried it and it isn't helping. I am dealing with a merged cell that
has 6 split cells above it. Would that have anything to do with it?

"DaddyO72" wrote in message
How do I get a long hyperlink / url to wrap in a table cell that is no
where
near big enough for it? It is a SharePoint URL which, and they are huge
(see
below).
Thanks

http://teams/sites/ts1234/2009%20Key...47F31C312B4%7d

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Would it work to get a shorter URL from http://bit.ly/? The URLs supplied by
bit.ly never expire.

http://word.mvps.org

"DaddyO72" wrote in message
How do I get a long hyperlink / url to wrap in a table cell that is no
where
near big enough for it? It is a SharePoint URL which, and they are huge
(see
below).
Thanks

http://teams/sites/ts1234/2009%20Key...47F31C312B4%7d

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

I forgot to mention that you should also turn off "Automatically resize to
fit contents" in the Table Options dialog box (on the Table tab of the Table
Properties dialog box, click the Options button).

Alternatively, try Suzanne's suggestion instead.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"DaddyO72" wrote in message
How do I get a long hyperlink / url to wrap in a table cell that is no
where
near big enough for it? It is a SharePoint URL which, and they are huge
(see
below).
Thanks

http://teams/sites/ts1234/2009%20Key...47F31C312B4%7d

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com is offline

Or change the "Text to display" in the Insert hyperlink dialog to something
shorter.

Pam
Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Would it work to get a shorter URL from http://bit.ly/? The URLs supplied by
bit.ly never expire.

How do I get a long hyperlink / url to wrap in a table cell that is no
where

[quoted text clipped - 4 lines]

http://teams/sites/ts1234/2009%20Key...47F31C312B4%7d

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Indeed, that would be the easiest solution. :-)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP