Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Khan Khan is offline

Default I want to Start Header & Footer from 2nd or 3rd pages

i want to make a method statement, so the first page should be cover page and
no hearder or footer is required, but when i apply hearder & footer it's
apply to all pages, is it possible to start HF from 2 or 3 page?

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: I want to Start Header & Footer from 2nd or 3rd pages

Steps to start header or footer from second or third page in Microsoft Word:
  1. Open your document in Microsoft Word.
  2. Click on the Insert tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on Header or Footer (depending on which one you want to add) and select Edit Header or Edit Footer from the drop-down menu.
  4. This will open the header or footer section of your document. You can now add any text or images you want to appear in the header or footer.
  5. To start the header or footer from the second or third page, click on the Different First Page checkbox in the Options group on the Design tab.
  6. This will remove the header or footer from the first page of your document, allowing you to start it from the second or third page.
  7. You can now add any additional text or images you want to appear in the header or footer on the second or third page and beyond.

That's it! You have now successfully started the header or footer from the second or third page in your Microsoft Word document.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You can set an alternative first page header/footer in page setup layout
You can setup a new sequence of headers/footers by inserting a section break
You can use just the one header/footer and conditionally insert information
into it eg
{IF {Page} 1 "This is the header for page 2 onwards"}

Khan wrote:
i want to make a method statement, so the first page should be cover
page and no hearder or footer is required, but when i apply hearder &
footer it's apply to all pages, is it possible to start HF from 2 or
3 page?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Start by enabling "Different first page" (on the Layout tab of Page Setup).
This will give you a separate First Page Header/Footer, which you can leave
blank. If you don't want a header or footer on page 2, either, insert a
section break between pages 1 and 2. This will start a new section on page
2, which will use the First Page Header/Footer, with the primary
Header/Footer beginning on page 3.

For more, see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm

"Khan" wrote in message
i want to make a method statement, so the first page should be cover page
and
no hearder or footer is required, but when i apply hearder & footer it's
apply to all pages, is it possible to start HF from 2 or 3 page?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Khan Khan is offline

Thanks,i understand the concept, could you give me some important links, or
online vidoes regarding advance functions of MS word like
(The-Excel-Magician), if is there,please. i can get it quickly then, i will
really appreciate your early response in this regards,

best wishes 4 U!
bye