Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Alvin Heggie Alvin Heggie is offline

Default How do I move pages around in a document?

I have an 80 page document and I need to rearrange the page order. For
example, I want to move page 6 to page 31 without cutting and pasting the
contents from one page to another. Like you can move slides around in
PowerPoint.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I move pages around in a document?

Sure thing! You can easily move pages around in a Word document by using the Navigation Pane. Here's how:
  1. Open your document in Word.
  2. Click on the View tab in the ribbon.
  3. Check the box next to Navigation Pane.
  4. The Navigation Pane will appear on the left side of your screen.
  5. In the Navigation Pane, click on the thumbnail of the page you want to move.
  6. Drag and drop the thumbnail to the new location in the document. You'll see a line indicating where the page will be moved to.
  7. Release the mouse button to drop the page into its new location.

And that's it! Repeat these steps for any other pages you want to move around in your document. The Navigation Pane is a great tool for quickly rearranging pages in a long document like yours.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

This is not possible. There are no 'pages' in Word. It is not a page layout
application. Cut and paste is the only possibility. How successful that will
be will depend on the complexity of the document.