Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Sesquipedalian Sam Sesquipedalian Sam is offline

Default How to get watermark on all pages in Word 2007?

I have a simple 3-page document. I would like to put a watermark on
all pages. To insert a watermark, I click on Page Layout | Watermark |
Draft 1. If I do this from page 1, I get it on page 1 only. If I then
do it from page 2, I get it on pages 2-3, but it disappears from page
1. If I redo it from page 1, it reappears on page 1, but disappears
from pages 2-3.

What is going on?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How to get watermark on all pages in Word 2007?

It sounds like you are applying the watermark to individual pages instead of the entire document. Here's how you can add a watermark to all pages in Word 2007:
  1. Click on the Page Layout tab in the ribbon.
  2. Click on the Watermark button in the Page Background group.
  3. Select the watermark you want to use from the gallery or click on Custom Watermark to create your own.
  4. In the Printed Watermark dialog box, select the option for "Picture watermark".
  5. Click on the Select Picture button and choose the image you want to use as the watermark.
  6. Adjust the Scale and Washout options as desired.
  7. Make sure the "Apply to" drop-down menu is set to "Whole document".
  8. Click on OK to apply the watermark to all pages in your document.

By following these steps, you should be able to add a watermark to all pages in your document without it disappearing from any of them.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Open the header pane (double click in the top border) and when the selection
is in the header, use the Watermark facility.

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.

"Sesquipedalian Sam" wrote in message
I have a simple 3-page document. I would like to put a watermark on
all pages. To insert a watermark, I click on Page Layout | Watermark |
Draft 1. If I do this from page 1, I get it on page 1 only. If I then
do it from page 2, I get it on pages 2-3, but it disappears from page
1. If I redo it from page 1, it reappears on page 1, but disappears
from pages 2-3.

What is going on?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 18:25:51 -0500, Sesquipedalian Sam
wrote:

I have a simple 3-page document. I would like to put a watermark on
all pages. To insert a watermark, I click on Page Layout | Watermark |
Draft 1. If I do this from page 1, I get it on page 1 only. If I then
do it from page 2, I get it on pages 2-3, but it disappears from page
1. If I redo it from page 1, it reappears on page 1, but disappears
from pages 2-3.

What is going on?

That behavior indicates that you have "different first page" turned
on. Double-click in the header area so you can see the Header & Footer
Tools tab on the ribbon. The Different First Page checkbox is in the
Options group.

If you don't need to have this turned on in order to have a different
header/footer on page 1 than on the other pages, turn it off.

If you do need a different first page, you need to change your
procedu
- Insert the watermark on page 1.
- Open the header pane on page 1.
- Click on the watermark to select it, and copy it to the clipboard.
- Move the cursor into the header on page 2.
- Paste.
- Close the header pane.

The reason for this is that the code behind the Watermark button is
too "smart" for your good. Each time you insert a watermark with the
button, it first deletes any existing watermark in all headers, but
then it only inserts the new one in the current page's header. If it
did both steps only in the current page header, then it would behave
the way you expect.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman