sawgood

Default Wallet Sized Card Printing ...

Hi:

How can I take my already typed up Word .doc file and make it so that when
it prints out .... it will only fill up say about the top 1/4 of the page.

I want to be able to keep my pre-printed large format, but when I print, I
would
like the output to be small (so I can make a wallet sized card).

Thanks in advance!
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Wallet Sized Card Printing ...

Printing a Wallet-Sized Card from Word

To print your Word document in a way that will create a wallet-sized card, you can adjust the page layout and print settings. Here's how:
  1. Open your Word document and go to the "Page Layout" tab.
  2. Click on the "Size" button and select "More Paper Sizes" at the bottom of the dropdown menu.
  3. In the "Page Setup" window, enter the dimensions you want for your wallet-sized card. For example, you could enter 2.5 inches for the width and 3.5 inches for the height.
  4. Click "OK" to save your new page size.
  5. Next, go to the "File" tab and select "Print."
  6. In the "Print" window, click on the "Printer Properties" button (or "Printer" if you're using a Mac).
  7. Look for an option called "Scaling" or "Page Scaling" and select "Fit to Printable Area."
  8. Click "OK" to save your print settings.
  9. Finally, click "Print" to print your wallet-sized card.

Your Word document should now print out as a small card that fits within the dimensions you specified. Keep in mind that you may need to adjust your font size and formatting to make sure everything fits on the smaller page size.

I hope that helps!
__________________
Dian D. Chapman, MVP

You can add a frame to a new page and paste in your original content.
Then hit Ctrl + A to select all and hit Ctrl + Shift + to bring the
font size down. Granted, you may have to make additional formatting
adjustments to make any spacing less than you had in proportion to the
font. Once you get one frame set the way you want...copy it 3 more
time to the page and print.

See this TechTrax article for more help using frames...

Understanding Frames and Anchors in Word

Good luck...

Dian D. Chapman, Technical Consultant
Microsoft MVP, MOS Certified
Editor/TechTrax Ezine

Free MS Tutorials: http://www.mousetrax.com/techtrax
Free Word eBook: http://www.mousetrax.com/books.html
Optimize your business docs: http://www.mousetrax.com/consulting
Learn VBA the easy way: http://www.mousetrax.com/techcourses.html

On Tue, 24 May 2005 16:46:05 -0700, "sawgood"
wrote:

Hi:

How can I take my already typed up Word .doc file and make it so that when
it prints out .... it will only fill up say about the top 1/4 of the page.

I want to be able to keep my pre-printed large format, but when I print, I
would
like the output to be small (so I can make a wallet sized card).

Thanks in advance!

Dian D. Chapman, MVP

Wow...cool...I never knew that one!g

HOW do you do it???

Dian ~

On Wed, 25 May 2005 01:18:27 -0500, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
wrote:

In Word 2000 and above, you can use Print: Zoom to print multiple pages per
sheet.

Dian D. Chapman, MVP

Now THAT ONE I knew about. ;-)

Dian ~