Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BlueBoxHELP BlueBoxHELP is offline

Default How can I remove the blue boxes around words in a Word doc?

I copy/paste from a document or email into Word, and around certain words
there appears ablue box box that I can't get rid of! It prints when I print
the document, and I'm at my wit's end, HELP!!!
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How can I remove the blue boxes around words in a Word doc?

Hey there! I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with those pesky blue boxes in your Word document. Fortunately, there's a pretty simple solution to get rid of them. Here's what you can do:
  1. First, select the text that has the blue boxes around it. You can do this by clicking and dragging your mouse over the text, or by clicking once to place your cursor at the beginning of the text, then holding down the Shift key and clicking at the end of the text to select it all.
  2. Once you have the text selected, right-click on it and choose "Font" from the context menu that appears.
  3. In the Font dialog box that opens, look for a checkbox labeled "Hidden" and make sure it is unchecked. If it is checked, uncheck it and click "OK" to close the dialog box.
  4. The blue boxes should now be gone! If they're still there, try selecting the text again and repeating the above steps to make sure the "Hidden" checkbox is definitely unchecked.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can do to assist you.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I wonder if some of the text is being pasted in table format, and what
you're seeing are table borders.

One solution would be to paste as unformatted text (in Word 2003, Edit -
Paste Special - Unformatted Text; in Word 2007, press Ctrl+Alt+V, then click
Unformatted Text.

A more laborious solution would be to remove the table formatting, e.g., by
converting the table into text. But I would suspect that simply pasting as
unformatted/plain text to begin with would better serve your needs.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible