Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
alchemist alchemist is offline

Default How to place large vertical bar inside WORD2007 equation editor

Hi,

Essentially, I am looking for a way to place large vertical bar inside the
equation (using WORD2007 equation editor). The aim to use it when typing
definite integrals i.e. you type the solution to the indefinite integral,
place vertical bar and then specify the limits of integration.

I was trying to change the size of the normal vertical bar inside equation
but it changes the size of the whole equation. So, additionally, if anyone
could suggest the way to change selectively the size of symbols inside
equation, it would be great.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How to place large vertical bar inside WORD2007 equation editor

To insert a large vertical bar inside the Word 2007 equation editor, you can follow these steps:
  1. Open the Word 2007 equation editor by clicking on the "Insert" tab and selecting "Equation" from the "Symbols" group.
  2. In the equation editor, click on the "Brackets" button in the "Structures" group.
  3. Select the "Vertical Bracket" option from the drop-down menu.
  4. A small vertical bar will appear in the equation editor. To make it larger, click on the bar to select it, then click on the "Design" tab in the equation editor.
  5. In the "Symbols" group, click on the "Bracket Height" button and select the desired size for the vertical bar.

To change the size of other symbols inside the equation, you can follow these steps:
  1. Select the symbol you want to resize by clicking on it.
  2. Click on the "Design" tab in the equation editor.
  3. In the "Symbols" group, click on the "Symbol Size" button and select the desired size for the symbol.
  4. Repeat these steps for any other symbols you want to resize.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

When writing out the calculation of an indefinite integral, you usually use
some sort of bracket with the limits as subscript and superscript for that
bracket. You should be able to accomplish that as follows: On the Equation
Tools Design tab of the ribbon, click Script to insert the
superscript/subscript place holder. Insert the appropriate Bracket and then
type in the limits.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP