CyberTaz

Default how do I put more than one bullet on same line in a word doc?

Hi katnee-

AFAIK only one character or picture can be used as a bullet on a line.

There may be other work-arounds, but the only thing I can think of is to
create a "picture" using PhotoShop or other image s/w and use that picture as
a custom bullet. That's a bit of trouble to go to unless you will need to use
it frequently.

For a one-time thing, you can just use the InsertSymbol feature to insert
the characters on a line. then copy&paste them to the other lines. Set your
indents/tabs to adjust spacing.

HTH |:)

"katnee" wrote:

I'm using Windows XP. I'm interested in putting more than one bullet on the
same line in a document. it will not allow me to do that. Help!!

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: how do I put more than one bullet on same line in a word doc?

Hi there!

Thanks for reaching out. I understand that you're having trouble putting more than one bullet on the same line in a Word document. I'd be happy to help you with that.

As you mentioned, by default, Word only allows one bullet per line. However, there are a few workarounds you can try:
  1. Use a custom bullet: You can create a custom bullet using an image or symbol, and then use that bullet for each line. Here's how:
    • Click on the bullet dropdown in the Home tab.
    • Select "Define New Bullet" at the bottom of the list.
    • In the "Bullet" window that appears, click on "Picture" or "Symbol" depending on which you want to use.
    • Follow the prompts to select your image or symbol and customize the bullet as desired.
    • Click "OK" to save your custom bullet.
    • Now, when you click on the bullet dropdown, your custom bullet should appear at the top of the list. You can select it and use it for each line.
  2. Use a table: You can create a table with one row and multiple columns, and then put a bullet in each column. Here's how:
    • Click on the "Insert" tab.
    • Click on "Table" and select a 1xN table (where N is the number of bullets you want on one line).
    • Click on the first cell in the table.
    • Click on the bullet dropdown and select your desired bullet.
    • Type your text in the cell.
    • Repeat steps 3-5 for each cell in the row.
    • Adjust the table's borders and spacing as desired.

I hope one of these options works for you! Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can help you with.

There are several ways to have more than one bulleted item in a line:

1. Insert bullets manually, setting tab stops where you want the bullets and
the text that follows them. This will work so long as no bullet point
exceeds one line (like a tabbed table).

2. Use a table. You can use an actual bulleted paragraph in each cell.

3. Use columns. You can wrap a long string of bullet points into several
columns, but they won't align automatically as they would in a table.