Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ravi Ravi is offline

Default Subscripting in the numerator/ denominator of an inserted fraction

When trying to create an equation, having a numerator and denominator, I
inseted a fraction.

When I edit the numerator, the subscript/super script is greyed out.

Ex. I want to create a formula:

(AxBy)/(Cz)

where the x, y, z are subscripts.

Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Subscripting in the numerator/ denominator of an inserted fraction

To add subscripts or superscripts to the numerator or denominator of a fraction in Microsoft Word, you can use the Equation Editor. Here are the steps:
  1. Click on the "Insert" tab in the ribbon at the top of the Word window.
  2. Click on the "Equation" button in the "Symbols" section.
  3. In the Equation Editor, click on the "Fraction" button in the "Structures" section.
  4. Type the numerator and denominator of the fraction.
  5. To add a subscript or superscript, click on the "Script" button in the "Structures" section.
  6. Type the subscript or superscript in the small box that appears.
  7. Click on the "Script" button again to exit the subscript/superscript mode.
  8. Repeat steps 5-7 for any other subscripts or superscripts you want to add.
  9. Click on the "X" button in the top right corner of the Equation Editor to close it and return to your Word document.

Using these steps, you can create the formula you mentioned: (A[sub]x[/sub]B[sub]y[/sub])/C[sub]z[/sub] with the x, y, and z as subscripts.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ms-Exl-Learner Ms-Exl-Learner is offline

Try this€¦

Select your data and apply the below keys.

Cntrl+Shift+= will do Superscript
Cntrl+Shift++ will do Subscript

If this post helps, Click Yes

--------------------
(Ms-Exl-Learner)
--------------------

"ravi" wrote:

When trying to create an equation, having a numerator and denominator, I
inseted a fraction.

When I edit the numerator, the subscript/super script is greyed out.

Ex. I want to create a formula:

(AxBy)/(Cz)

where the x, y, z are subscripts.

Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ms-Exl-Learner Ms-Exl-Learner is offline

Select your data and apply the below keys.

Cntrl+Shift+= will do Superscript
Cntrl++ will do Subscript

If this post helps, Click Yes

--------------------
(Ms-Exl-Learner)
--------------------

"ravi" wrote:

When trying to create an equation, having a numerator and denominator, I
inseted a fraction.

When I edit the numerator, the subscript/super script is greyed out.

Ex. I want to create a formula:

(AxBy)/(Cz)

where the x, y, z are subscripts.

Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

Assuming you use the Word 2007 equation editor:
1) "Insert" tab - "Equation"
2) put your mouse in the equation field and select the type of fraction
you want from under the "Fraction" button
3) put your mouse in the nominator or denominator and then select the
appropriate item from under the "Script" button

Second option:
1) "Insert" tab - "Equation"
2) right click inside your equation and choose "Linear"
3) you can now insert subscripts as "_" (so type "(A_x B_y)/C_z")
4) right click inside your equation and choose "Professional"

Yves

"ravi" wrote in message
When trying to create an equation, having a numerator and denominator, I
inseted a fraction.

When I edit the numerator, the subscript/super script is greyed out.

Ex. I want to create a formula:

(AxBy)/(Cz)

where the x, y, z are subscripts.

Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ravi Ravi is offline

Default Subscripting in the numerator/ denominator of an inserted frac

Inserting the fraction template, and then adding numeric or text input into
the numerator or denominator, was never a problem.

The problem is that when I enter/edit text in the numerator, and want to use
sub/super scripting, the button is greyed out.