Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kh casa kh casa is offline

Default how do I write 2 raised to the power of n in MS Word?

I need to enter value of 2 raised to the power of n (n=0,1,2....), in a table
in a MS Word document. This document is about the binary system. I just do
not know how to enter these expressions in a table. Please help me out. Thank
you much.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: how do I write 2 raised to the power of n in MS Word?

  1. Open your MS Word document and navigate to the table where you want to enter the expression.
  2. Click on the cell where you want to enter the expression.
  3. Type the number 2, followed by the ^ symbol (which represents "to the power of").
  4. Immediately after the ^ symbol, type the letter n to represent the variable.
  5. Highlight the letter n with your cursor.
  6. Navigate to the Home tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  7. In the Font section of the ribbon, click on the Superscript button (which looks like an "x" with a raised "2" next to it).
  8. The letter n should now be raised to the power of 2.
  9. If you want to change the value of n to a different number, simply delete the old n and replace it with the new number.
  10. Repeat steps 5-8 to raise the new number to the power of 2.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Select the "n." On the Format menu, click Font. Click the Font tab.
Check "Superscript," and click OK.

Alternatively, at least if you are using a US keyboard layout, you can
press CTRL+SHIFT+PLUS SIGN. (This and other shortcuts are listed at
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/as...866641033.aspx,
"Keyboard shortcuts for Word.")

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"kh casa" wrote in message
I need to enter value of 2 raised to the power of n (n=0,1,2....),

in a table
in a MS Word document. This document is about the binary system. I

just do
not know how to enter these expressions in a table. Please help me

out. Thank
you much.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kh casa kh casa is offline

I would like to thank you so much Mr. Stefan Blom. Your help was greately
helpful and appreciated.

kh casa

"kh casa" wrote in message
I need to enter value of 2 raised to the power of n (n=0,1,2....),

in a table
in a MS Word document. This document is about the binary system. I

just do
not know how to enter these expressions in a table. Please help me

out. Thank
you much.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline