jazamy

Default Can I convert notes in word to index cards?

I am taking a real estate course and would like to convert my notes to index
cards to make flash cards. Is there a template out there for this?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Can I convert notes in word to index cards?

  1. To access pre-made index card templates in Microsoft Word, go to the "File" menu and select "New." In the search bar, type "index cards" and hit enter.
  2. To create your own index card template, go to the "Layout" tab and select "Size." From there, choose "More Paper Sizes" and enter the dimensions for an index card. Create a table with two or three columns and as many rows as you need for your notes. Copy and paste your notes into the table and adjust the formatting as needed.
  3. Print out your index cards and cut them apart to create your flashcards. Edit the Word document and print out new cards as needed.
__________________
rderize

If what you need to do is to type your notes onto an index-card sized
document, then that's easily accomplished. Select File menu, select Page
Setup, select the Paper Size tab; in the Paper size drop-down box, select
"Index Card (3 x 5 in)" or, if you're going to be using a 4 x 6 size index
card, select "Post Card (4 x 6 in)." If you don't like the vertical
arrangement of the index card, then under "Orientation" (also on the "Paper
Size" tab) select Landscape.

"jazamy" wrote in message
I am taking a real estate course and would like to convert my notes to

cards to make flash cards. Is there a template out there for this?

jazamy

Thank you so much. I tried it and it supports that. It might take a while to
do all the copying and pasting, unless there is a way to change the document
I am working on to that page set up. I will try it this evening. Thank you
again!

"jazamy" wrote in message
I am taking a real estate course and would like to convert my notes to

cards to make flash cards. Is there a template out there for this?

jazamy

Thank you again. It should be pretty self explanatory right? I just bought
Avery 3x5 index cards that are three to a page, so I am going to work with
the document. I appreciate all of your help. Take care

"jazamy" wrote in message
I am taking a real estate course and would like to convert my notes to
cards to make flash cards. Is there a template out there for this?

In that case, you'll need to select the appropriate stock number from the
Tools | Letters and Mailings | Envelopes and Labels dialog, then click on
New Document to get a full sheet of them. They're set up as a table, so make
sure you have table gridlines displayed (Table | Show Gridlines) so you can
see the label boundaries.

Some "label" pages don't propagate very well, though. When you tab out of
the last cell on the page, you'll get another row on the next page, but if
there are smaller "spacer" rows between the "label" rows, these won't be
repeated. I don't think that's the case with the index card label
definitions, but if you have any problem creating additional sheets, you
might try using a mail merge instead. If your current text is such that you
can easily convert it to a mail merge data source (by putting the contents
of each card into a single table row, for example), then this might be a
simpler solution.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

On the Paper or Paper Size tab of Page Setup, change the paper size of

your
current document to the appropriate card (you'll probably want to change

the
margins as well).

newsgroup so
all may benefit.