Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol Carol is offline

Default How can I search for keywords within a Word document?

I wish to check my writings for repetitive word use by doing a keyword search
within the documents. Does Word offer this feature?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How can I search for keywords within a Word document?

Yes, Microsoft Word offers a feature that allows you to search for specific keywords within a document. Here's how you can do it:
  1. Open the document you want to search for keywords in.
  2. Click on the "Home" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. In the "Editing" section of the ribbon, click on the "Find" button. Alternatively, you can press the "Ctrl" and "F" keys on your keyboard.
  4. This will open the "Navigation" pane on the left side of the screen. In the search box at the top of the pane, type in the keyword you want to search for.
  5. Word will automatically highlight the first instance of the keyword in the document. To find the next instance, click on the "Next" button in the "Navigation" pane. You can also use the "Previous" button to go back to the previous instance.
  6. If you want to replace the keyword with a different word, you can click on the "Replace" button in the "Navigation" pane. This will open the "Find and Replace" dialog box, where you can enter the new word you want to replace the keyword with.
  7. Once you've made the changes you want, you can close the "Navigation" pane by clicking on the "X" in the top right corner.

By using this feature, you can easily search for and replace repetitive words in your document.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Have you tried Edit | Find (Ctrl+F)?

"Carol" wrote in message
I wish to check my writings for repetitive word use by doing a keyword

search
within the documents. Does Word offer this feature?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol Carol is offline

Thanks so much-It has been years since I took classes on Word and I forgot
about this feature. This will help me out a great deal. I appreciate you
taking the time to help.