Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SuzanneN SuzanneN is offline

Default P-hat font for statistics

Where can I find fonts for statistics - such as p-hat? I love the new
equation editor in Word 2007 but need symbols for stats class! - Thank you
in advance for any help here!
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: P-hat font for statistics

Steps to find the p-hat font in Microsoft Word:
  1. Open a new or existing document in Microsoft Word.
  2. Click on the Insert tab in the top menu bar.
  3. Click on Equation in the Symbols section of the ribbon.
  4. In the Equation Tools tab that appears, click on Design in the top menu bar.
  5. Click on More Symbols in the Symbols section of the ribbon.
  6. In the Symbol dialog box that appears, select Symbol in the Subset dropdown menu.
  7. Scroll down until you find the p-hat symbol (it should be near the bottom of the list).
  8. Click on the p-hat symbol to select it, and then click on the Insert button to add it to your document.

If you need to use the p-hat symbol frequently in your document, you can also add it to your Favorites list in the Symbol dialog box for easy access.

Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can assist you with.

PHP Code:
//No macro or Visual Basic code present in the text
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Overbar.htm and
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/C...Characters.htm. But note that you
can also still use the old Equation Editor.

"SuzanneN" wrote in message
Where can I find fonts for statistics - such as p-hat? I love the new
equation editor in Word 2007 but need symbols for stats class! - Thank
you
in advance for any help here!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Suzanne,

As 'other Suzanne' discussed in her article there is usually more than one way to do things in Word.

In Word 2007 the equation editor has a set of predefined math autocorrect shortcuts (Alt, T, A and select 'Math Autocorrect) that
include the ability to use these outside of the Word 2007 Equation Editor as well by choosing the checkbox for that choice.

You can print out a list of the predefined keyboard shorthands from Word 2007 help by pressing F1 and searching on 'Math' and using
selecting the 'Math AutoCorrect symbols' topic

The autocorrect for a hat is \hat (followed by typing a space so adding a p-hat can be placed by typing in the document (not
equation editor)
p\hat (followed by a space)
If you like the result, select it, use Alt, T, A and you can add \p-hat as a shorthand to reuse it. Likewise the shorthand for an
overbar is
\overbar .

In the Word 2007 Equation editor you can select the 'Accents' choice and the hat placeholder (similar to using the 'Embellishments')
choice in the previous Equation editor, to place that in your equation and type a p to fill the placeholder.

You can also Embed an Equation 3.0 (old equation editor object) inside of a Word 2007 equation or you can use Suzanne B's approach
to embed an EQ field inside of a Word 2007 Equation.

The new equation editor in Word 2007 uses a Math-ML capable font, and the only one so far available is Cambria Math, that ships with
Office 2007. The Microsoft folks are expecting/hoping(?) that with the specs available for this that other fonts will appear.
Unfortunately, of the different Cambria Math font subsets available from the Symbols grouping on the Equation Tools=Design tab for
the Equation Editor there isn't a specific set for vectors/physics/statistics.

================
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm looking forward to discovering all this new stuff if I ever get Office
2007 installed! (I currently have it on my calendar for this week.)

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" 75214.226(At Beautiful Downtown)compuserve.com wrote
in message ...

"SuzanneN" wrote in message
Where can I find fonts for statistics - such as p-hat? I love the new
equation editor in Word 2007 but need symbols for stats class! - Thank
you in advance for any help here!
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] drewx10@gmail.com is offline

*"SuzanneN" wrote in message
Where can I find fonts for statistics - such as p-hat? *I love the new
equation editor in Word 2007 but need symbols for stats class! *- Thank
you in advance for any help here!
--

Bob *Buckland *?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

**Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends*- Hide quoted text -

I hope you got it installed. The Equation editor in Office 2007 is
really good. Additionally, the file size is much smaller. To put a
hat symbol on a character, click on insert at the top, click on the pi
symbol so that it changes the tool bar, look under accent, and the top
right button will put a hat on your characters. Awesome.