Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
mrupp99148 mrupp99148 is offline

Default Long tables always start on a new page

In my document if I have a long table (greater than 1 page), the table always
starts on a new page. For example, assume I am at the top of page N. I now
type a single sentence. If I follow this by a long table, the table starts
on page N+1.

How do I turn this "feature" off?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Long tables always start on a new page

Hi there! I can definitely help you with that. By default, Microsoft Word is set up to automatically start a long table on a new page. However, you can change this setting to allow the table to continue on the same page as the previous text.

Here's how to turn off the automatic page break for long tables:
  1. Click anywhere inside the table that you want to modify.
  2. Go to the "Layout" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. In the "Table" group, click on "Properties".
  4. In the "Table Properties" dialog box, click on the "Row" tab.
  5. Uncheck the box next to "Allow row to break across pages".
  6. Click "OK" to save your changes.

That's it! Now your long table should continue on the same page as the previous text, instead of starting on a new page. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFl...ksInTables.htm.

--