Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony

Default How do I insert a vertical revision bar line in Word.

Trying to show a revision bar in the left margin of a Word Doc.
Thanks
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I insert a vertical revision bar line in Word.

Steps to insert a vertical revision bar line in Word:
  1. Open the Word document where you want to insert the revision bar.
  2. Click on the "Page Layout" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the "Line Numbers" drop-down menu in the "Page Setup" section of the ribbon.
  4. Select "Continuous" from the list of line numbering options.
  5. Click on the "Line Numbering Options" button at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
  6. In the "Line Numbers" dialog box, click on the "Line numbers" tab.
  7. Check the box next to "Add line numbering".
  8. In the "From" field, enter "0" (zero).
  9. In the "Offset" field, enter the width of the margin where you want the revision bar to appear. For example, if you want the revision bar to appear in a 1-inch margin, enter "1" in the "Offset" field.
  10. Click on the "OK" button to close the "Line Numbers" dialog box.
  11. You should now see a vertical revision bar in the left margin of your Word document. If you want to remove the revision bar, simply uncheck the "Add line numbering" box in the "Line Numbers" dialog box.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man

Go to Tools - Options - Track Changes and set Changed Lines to left margin.

I hope this helps.

Fred