Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graciegirl Graciegirl is offline

Default Font cutting off

I am unable to adjust my font size as it cuts off. I had this problem once
before and don't remember how I fixed it. I believe it was turning something
on or off. Does anyone know how I correct this?
--
Gracie
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Font cutting off

Hi Gracie,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your font cutting off in Microsoft Word. This can be frustrating, but fortunately, there are a few things you can try to fix the issue.
  1. First, you can try adjusting the margins of your document. If your margins are too narrow, it can cause your text to be cut off. To adjust your margins, go to the Page Layout tab and click on Margins. From there, you can select a preset margin size or click on Custom Margins to set your own.
  2. Another thing you can try is adjusting the line spacing of your document. If your lines are too close together, it can cause your text to overlap and be cut off. To adjust your line spacing, go to the Home tab and click on Line and Paragraph Spacing. From there, you can select a preset line spacing or click on Line Spacing Options to set your own.
  3. If neither of these solutions work, you can try adjusting the font size itself. Sometimes, certain fonts can be too large for the space they're in, causing them to be cut off. To adjust your font size, select the text you want to change and go to the Home tab. From there, you can use the Font Size dropdown to select a smaller size.

I hope one of these solutions helps you fix the issue with your font cutting off. Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can help you with!
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You most probably have the line height (under format paragraph) set to an
exact height rather than Single.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Graciegirl" wrote in message
I am unable to adjust my font size as it cuts off. I had this problem once
before and don't remember how I fixed it. I believe it was turning
something
on or off. Does anyone know how I correct this?
--
Gracie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Without any more descriptive detail ‹ you don't even indicate what version
of Word ‹ this is just a guess, but one possibility is that the Line Spacing
is set to "Exactly..." a value too small to accommodate the font size.

If that doesn't prove to be the cause please paint a more vivid & complete
picture of the circumstances.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 10/11/09 2:47 PM, in article
, "Graciegirl"
wrote:

I am unable to adjust my font size as it cuts off. I had this problem once
before and don't remember how I fixed it. I believe it was turning something
on or off. Does anyone know how I correct this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graciegirl Graciegirl is offline

Sorry. It's 2007 Word. I had this problem before I can't remember how I
fixed it. When I enlarge the font, it cuts it off on screen and print. I
thought it had something to do with live preview? I've tried to turn it off
and on and that's not solving it. I also tried to change styles and that
isn't working either...
--
Gracie

"CyberTaz" wrote:

Without any more descriptive detail €¹ you don't even indicate what version
of Word €¹ this is just a guess, but one possibility is that the Line Spacing

wrote:

I am unable to adjust my font size as it cuts off. I had this problem once
before and don't remember how I fixed it. I believe it was turning something
on or off. Does anyone know how I correct this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graciegirl Graciegirl is offline

Thanks but I actually found it. I was choosing Normal style when I really
wanted No Spacing. Now my fonts appear correct.

Have a great evening!
--
Gracie

wrote:

I am unable to adjust my font size as it cuts off. I had this problem once
before and don't remember how I fixed it. I believe it was turning something
on or off. Does anyone know how I correct this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Did you go, as Bob suggested, to Format Paragraph and change your
Line Spacing from "Exactly nn" to either a larger Exactly value, or
else to "Single"?

On Oct 11, 5:26Â*pm, Graciegirl
wrote:
Sorry. Â*It's 2007 Word. Â*I had this problem before I can't remember how I
fixed it. Â*When I enlarge the font, it cuts it off on screen and print. Â*I
thought it had something to do with live preview? Â*I've tried to turn it off
and on and that's not solving it. Â*I also tried to change styles and that
isn't working either...
--
Gracie

"CyberTaz" wrote:
Without any more descriptive detail €¹ you don't even indicate what version
of Word €¹ this is just a guess, but one possibility is that the Line Spacing
is set to "Exactly..." a value too small to accommodate the font size.

If that doesn't prove to be the cause please paint a more vivid & complete
picture of the circumstances.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 10/11/09 2:47 PM, in article
, "Graciegirl"
wrote:

I am unable to adjust my font size as it cuts off. Â*I had this problem once
before and don't remember how I fixed it. Â*I believe it was turning something
on or off. Â*Does anyone know how I correct this?-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graciegirl Graciegirl is offline

I have posted that my problem was Normal Style versus No Spacing style that
was causing my problem. But, I still can't figure out how to set No Spacing
style as my default...

thanks!
--
Gracie

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote:

Did you go, as Bob suggested, to Format Paragraph and change your
Line Spacing from "Exactly nn" to either a larger Exactly value, or
else to "Single"?

wrote:

I am unable to adjust my font size as it cuts off. I had this problem once
before and don't remember how I fixed it. I believe it was turning something
on or off. Does anyone know how I correct this?-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It means that your No Spacing style has a wider line spacing (either a
bigger Exactly or Single) than your Normal does.

On Oct 11, 5:56Â*pm, Graciegirl
wrote:
I have posted that my problem was Normal Style versus No Spacing style that
was causing my problem. Â*But, I still can't figure out how to set No Spacing
style as my default...

thanks!
--
Gracie

wrote:

I am unable to adjust my font size as it cuts off. Â*I had this problem once
before and don't remember how I fixed it. Â*I believe it was turning something
on or off. Â*Does anyone know how I correct this?--

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graciegirl Graciegirl is offline

Is there a way to set the No Spacing style as my default? It's defaulting to
Normal.

thanks!
--
Gracie

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote:

It means that your No Spacing style has a wider line spacing (either a
bigger Exactly or Single) than your Normal does.

wrote:

I am unable to adjust my font size as it cuts off. I had this problem once
before and don't remember how I fixed it. I believe it was turning something
on or off. Does anyone know how I correct this?--

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Others will have other instructions, but if you open the normal.dotx
(or norma.dotm) template (Office button Open Templates), select
the paragraph mark that appears in the blank document that appears,
change its style, and save and close the template, every new document
will start with No Spacing instead of Normal.

But there are strategies involving the Style Gallery and maybe even
Themes that I know nothing about.

On Oct 11, 6:44Â*pm, Graciegirl
wrote:
Is there a way to set the No Spacing style as my default? Â*It's defaulting to
Normal.

thanks!
--
Gracie

wrote:

I am unable to adjust my font size as it cuts off. Â*I had this problem once
before and don't remember how I fixed it. Â*I believe it was turning something
on or off. Â*Does anyone know how I correct this?---

beeping when cutting Jbaccinv Microsoft Word Help 1 January 17th 07 08:57 PM
header of a page is cutting SA Page Layout 5 July 12th 06 12:26 PM
cutting off items dlb1228 Tables 2 March 21st 06 03:16 PM
typing is cutting suzanne gedeon Microsoft Word Help 0 December 15th 05 10:56 AM
Folding / cutting marks Andy Martin Page Layout 1 January 8th 05 04:24 PM