Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ted

Default Insert all pages of tiff file into word document

How can I insert a whole tiff file into a word document.

When I insert picture it only inserts the first page.
--
Cheers

Ed
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Insert all pages of tiff file into word document

Hi Ed,

To insert all pages of a TIFF file into a Word document, you can follow these steps:
  1. Open your Word document and place the cursor where you want to insert the TIFF file.
  2. Click on the "Insert" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the "Object" button in the "Text" section of the ribbon.
  4. In the "Object" dialog box, select the "Create from File" tab.
  5. Click on the "Browse" button and navigate to the location of your TIFF file.
  6. Select the TIFF file and click on the "Insert" button.
  7. Check the box next to "Display as icon" if you want the TIFF file to be inserted as an icon.
  8. Click on the "OK" button to insert the TIFF file into your Word document.

This should insert all pages of the TIFF file into your Word document. If you selected the "Display as icon" option, you can double-click on the icon to open the TIFF file in its default program.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie

In Word, an inserted object cannot span more than one page. A
workaround is to scan each page into a separate tiff file, and
then insert each page as a separate object.

Ted wrote:

How can I insert a whole tiff file into a word document.

When I insert picture it only inserts the first page.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anne Troy

To my knowledge, you can't, Ed. You must first separate the TIF into
separate pages using a graphics program.
************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Ted" wrote in message
How can I insert a whole tiff file into a word document.

When I insert picture it only inserts the first page.
--
Cheers

Ed

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 18:37:01 -0800, Ted
wrote:

How can I insert a whole tiff file into a word document.

When I insert picture it only inserts the first page.

You can't. Word is limited to showing any object as only one page.

Use a graphics editor to split the tiff into separate files, one per
page, and insert them separately into Word.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tech Writer[_2_] Tech Writer[_2_] is offline

Ted,
I know it's been over a year, but I have found a "work around" that has
allowed me to insert multiple pages of a tif file without ahving to re-scan
or to somehow break the multi-page tif into single pages.

With the MS document imaging software open and showing the recalcitrant tif,
I select print and then select One Note. In the meantime, I have previously
set up a blank page in One Note. Click print. The entire multi-page tif will
appear on that open One Note page.

Then, hover over the border of the page that you want to transfer to Word so
that you ahve the yellow four-headed arrow and select the page. Hit cntrol-C
from the keyboard or right click and select "copy." Go to the Word document
where you want the page and paste it.

Voila. Okay, so you do have to repeat the process for each page, but if you
can't re-scan the original or don't have the software to break the pages
apart, it does work.