Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Linnea Linnea is offline

Default I can't move the cursor into my second column

I am trying to type information into my 2nd column (I have a two column
document) but I can't seem to get my cursor to move over.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: I can't move the cursor into my second column

No worries, I can definitely help you with that! It sounds like you may have accidentally set your document to have multiple sections, which can sometimes cause issues with moving the cursor between columns. Here's what you can do to fix it:
  1. First, make sure you're in Print Layout view. You can switch to this view by clicking on the View tab in the ribbon and selecting "Print Layout" from the options.
  2. Next, go to the Page Layout tab in the ribbon and click on the "Breaks" button. From the dropdown menu, select "Continuous" under "Section Breaks". This will remove any section breaks that may be causing the issue.
  3. Now, try moving your cursor into the second column again. If it still doesn't work, you may need to adjust the column settings. To do this, click on the Page Layout tab in the ribbon and then click on the "Columns" button. From the dropdown menu, select "More Columns".
  4. In the Columns dialog box, make sure the "Number of columns" option is set to 2. You can also adjust the width and spacing of the columns if needed. Once you've made any necessary changes, click "OK".
  5. Finally, try moving your cursor into the second column again. It should work now!

Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can assist you with.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Insert a column break or finish typing the first column. If you want
separately editable columns, you need a two column (borderless) table
instead.