Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
nikanore1 nikanore1 is offline

Default turn a table to it's mirror image

Hi ! I need to flip a table in word so it will be the mirror image of it
(the left row will be on the right and so on)
It's very urgent. Thank you
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: turn a table to it's mirror image

Hello! I'd be happy to help you with that. Here are the steps to flip a table in Word:
  1. Select the table you want to flip.
  2. Right-click on the table and select "Table Properties" from the drop-down menu.
  3. In the "Table Properties" dialog box, select the "Table" tab.
  4. Click on the "Options" button in the lower left corner of the dialog box.
  5. In the "Table Options" dialog box, check the box next to "Right-to-left text" and click "OK".
  6. Click "OK" again to close the "Table Properties" dialog box.

Your table should now be flipped horizontally, with the left column on the right and vice versa.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bear[_2_] Bear[_2_] is offline

If it's a simple table with a manageable number of columns, you can just drag
the columns into the position you want.

Split the table to separate the columns from any rows that span more than
one column (i.e. the title row, if any, and footnote row, if any).

Select the entire column by holding Alt and clicking anywhere in a column.

Drag the column to its new position. (It looks like the insertion point is
in front of the first character in the first row of the column you're
inserting it to the left of.)

Bear

--
Windows XP, Word 2000

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
nikanore1 nikanore1 is offline

I found the answer few minutes after I posted the answer. I marked the whole
table and then right clicked. There is - table properties and one of the
options is -Turn the table left to right.
Thanks anyway.

"Bear" wrote:

If it's a simple table with a manageable number of columns, you can just drag
the columns into the position you want.

Split the table to separate the columns from any rows that span more than
one column (i.e. the title row, if any, and footnote row, if any).

Select the entire column by holding Alt and clicking anywhere in a column.

Drag the column to its new position. (It looks like the insertion point is
in front of the first character in the first row of the column you're
inserting it to the left of.)

Bear

--
Windows XP, Word 2000

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bear[_2_] Bear[_2_] is offline

You must have a version later than Word 2000, as I have not got that option.

Bear

--
Windows XP, Word 2000

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

This option is on Table Properties, Table.
Between the Text Wrapping Options and the Border&Shading and Options Buttons.
I am using Word 2003 (SP2) Standard Edition running on Windows 2000 SP4.

I checked with a collegue who is using 2003 on XP and he does not have this
option? Does anyone know of the check box somewhere that activates this
option? What other options are we missing?

Thanks
DeanH

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Or Word 2007?

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
I've never seen anything like that in Word 2003, either.

"Bear" (nospam) wrote in message
You must have a version later than Word 2000, as I have not got that
option.

Bear

--
Windows XP, Word 2000

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Maybe this answers my previous query concerning the inclusion of Asian texts
in the Font dialog box.

Do you know where the install option is, when using the install disk? Is it
possible to uninstall this option, without having the reinstall everything?

Many thanks
DeanH

"DeanH" wrote in message
This option is on Table Properties, Table.
Between the Text Wrapping Options and the Border&Shading and Options

Buttons.
I am using Word 2003 (SP2) Standard Edition running on Windows 2000 SP4.

I checked with a collegue who is using 2003 on XP and he does not have

this
option? Does anyone know of the check box somewhere that activates this
option? What other options are we missing?

Thanks
DeanH

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Or Word 2007?

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
I've never seen anything like that in Word 2003, either.

"Bear" (nospam) wrote in message
You must have a version later than Word 2000, as I have not got that
option.

Bear

--
Windows XP, Word 2000

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The MSKB article "How to enable right-to-left language support for Word 2003
and Word 2002 on computers that are running on Windows Server 2003, on
Windows XP, or on Windows 2000" at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=311015
tells how to enable support; you could reverse the instructions to disable
it.

Note, however, that changing things in the installed version of Word is not
really a question of doing an uninstall/reinstall, just a "Change" install
(Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs | Microsoft Office | Change | Add or
Remove Components).

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Perhaps the option is available only if you have Right-to-Left support
installed?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"DeanH" wrote in message
This option is on Table Properties, Table.
Between the Text Wrapping Options and the Border&Shading and Options

Buttons.
I am using Word 2003 (SP2) Standard Edition running on Windows 2000

SP4.

I checked with a collegue who is using 2003 on XP and he does not have

this
option? Does anyone know of the check box somewhere that activates

this
option? What other options are we missing?

Thanks
DeanH

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Or Word 2007?

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
I've never seen anything like that in Word 2003, either.

"Bear" (nospam) wrote in message
You must have a version later than Word 2000, as I have not got

that
option.

Bear

--
Windows XP, Word 2000

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Many thanks Suzanne.
I shall have a look and consider the pros and cons of any further action.
As always, spot-on.
DeanH

"DeanH" wrote in message
This option is on Table Properties, Table.
Between the Text Wrapping Options and the Border&Shading and Options
Buttons.
I am using Word 2003 (SP2) Standard Edition running on Windows 2000

SP4.

I checked with a collegue who is using 2003 on XP and he does not have
this
option? Does anyone know of the check box somewhere that activates

this
option? What other options are we missing?

Thanks
DeanH

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Or Word 2007?

mirror image? weezie Page Layout 6 May 27th 07 04:40 PM
Mirror Image Text not objects Bean Counter Microsoft Word Help 3 January 10th 07 03:18 PM
Mirror Image John New Users 2 July 3rd 06 04:04 PM
printing a mirror image document, crickett Page Layout 1 June 10th 06 06:55 PM
mirror image text merrymusk Microsoft Word Help 3 December 8th 04 04:20 AM