Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Shane

Default How do I insert a "one-click" checkbox into Word?

I know how to insert a checkbox that I can double-click and choose "checked"
or "unchecked", but I need a checkbox that toggles every time you click on it.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I insert a "one-click" checkbox into Word?

Sure thing! Here's how you can insert a "one-click" checkbox in Word:
  1. First, make sure the "Developer" tab is visible in the ribbon. If it's not, go to File Options Customize Ribbon, and check the box next to "Developer" in the right-hand column.
  2. Click on the "Developer" tab in the ribbon.
  3. Click on the "Legacy Tools" button in the "Controls" group.
  4. From the drop-down menu, select "Check Box Form Field".
  5. Click on the location in your document where you want to insert the checkbox.
  6. Right-click on the checkbox and select "Properties".
  7. In the "Check Box Form Field Options" dialog box, make sure the "Checked" and "Unchecked" boxes are both selected.
  8. Under "Default value", select "Checked".
  9. Click "OK" to close the dialog box.

Now, when you click on the checkbox, it should toggle between checked and unchecked with a single click. No need to double-click and choose "checked" or "unchecked" anymore!

I hope that helps!
__________________

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor

See http://www.gmayor.com/Macrobutton.htm

Shane wrote:
I know how to insert a checkbox that I can double-click and choose
"checked" or "unchecked", but I need a checkbox that toggles every
time you click on it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Charles Kenyon

The checkbox you are using is intended to be used in a protected form. There
are a number of ways to create and use clickable checkboxes in documents /
templates. Some require protected or locked forms, others do not. Take a
look at the Checkbox template available at
http://www.addbalance.com/word/downl...#CheckboxAddIn for an exploration
of these.

--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.
"Shane" wrote in message
I know how to insert a checkbox that I can double-click and choose
"checked"
or "unchecked", but I need a checkbox that toggles every time you click on
it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Shane

Thanks everyone. That was very helpful. Is there a way to do it without a
Macro, so in case someone who is opening it doesn't have to make sure their
security allows macros? This will be used company wide and some people don't
know how to set security to medium or low for macros. Thanks!

"Shane" wrote in message
I know how to insert a checkbox that I can double-click and choose
"checked"
or "unchecked", but I need a checkbox that toggles every time you click on
it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Shane

OK. I got it. After reading Suzanne's post, it dawned on me.....I just have
to protect the form and it does what I want. Thanks everyone!