Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
msnyc07 msnyc07 is offline

Default How do I re-set hyperlinks in a doc back to 'unread'

I have a doc with dozens of hyperlinks which of course I test as I go along.

I'd like to re-set before I sent the doc out so they are all 'unread', i.e.
reformmated back to their default hyperlink color so new users can see which
they have visited or not. Is there an easier way to do this then to re-apply
the hyperlinks to each and every one?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I re-set hyperlinks in a doc back to 'unread'

Yes, there is an easy way to reset hyperlinks in a Word document back to their default color. Here are the steps:
  1. Select all the text in your document by pressing "Ctrl+A" on your keyboard.
  2. Right-click on the selected text and choose "Font" from the drop-down menu.
  3. In the "Font" dialog box, click on the "Font Color" drop-down menu and select "Automatic".
  4. Click "OK" to apply the changes.

This will reset all the hyperlinks in your document back to their default color, making it easy for new users to see which links they have visited or not.

Alternatively, you can also use the "Remove Hyperlink" option to remove the hyperlink formatting altogether. Here's how:
  1. Select the hyperlink text.
  2. Right-click on the selected text and choose "Remove Hyperlink" from the drop-down menu.
  3. The hyperlink formatting will be removed, and the text will revert back to its default formatting.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

You can use Find and Replace. Replace the style "FollowedHyperlink" with
"Hyperlink". The procedu
1. Ctrl+H to open the Find and Replace dialog box.
2. Click the More button.
3. Make sure the cursor is in the "Find what" field, then click the Format
button (bottom of dialog box) and select Style. In the Style dialog box,
select the style "FollowedHyperlink". Click OK.
4. Click to position the cursor in the "Replace with" field. Click Format,
select "Style". This time, select "Hyperlink" and click OK.
5. Make sure the "Find what" and "Replace with" fields are empty and that
none of the checkboxes are checked. Then click "Replace All".

Note: You may sometimes want hyperlinks to always look the same no matter
whether they have been clicked or not. To obtain this, you can modify the
"FollowedHyperlink" character style so that it applies the same font color as
the Hyperlink style (or change the font color of both styles, if you wish).
See:
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...ifyAStyle.html

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"msnyc07" wrote:

I have a doc with dozens of hyperlinks which of course I test as I go along.

I'd like to re-set before I sent the doc out so they are all 'unread', i.e.
reformmated back to their default hyperlink color so new users can see which
they have visited or not. Is there an easier way to do this then to re-apply
the hyperlinks to each and every one?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
msnyc07 msnyc07 is offline

Hi Lene, I tried that step by step and it didn't work unfortuneatly. Search
said it could not find any matches (to the followedhyperlink) and I made sure
there were no characters in the text box. Thanks though it sounded perfect!

"msnyc07" wrote:

I have a doc with dozens of hyperlinks which of course I test as I go along.

I'd like to re-set before I sent the doc out so they are all 'unread', i.e.
reformmated back to their default hyperlink color so new users can see which
they have visited or not. Is there an easier way to do this then to re-apply
the hyperlinks to each and every one?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
msnyc07 msnyc07 is offline

Hi Suzanne, I think you are correct. I tested in fact by clearing my browser
history/cache and the doc itself re-set so that would seem to confirm your
guess.

Thanks!

"msnyc07" wrote in message
I have a doc with dozens of hyperlinks which of course I test as I go

along.

I'd like to re-set before I sent the doc out so they are all 'unread',

i.e.
reformmated back to their default hyperlink color so new users can see

which
they have visited or not. Is there an easier way to do this then to

re-apply
the hyperlinks to each and every one?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Sometimes inaction is the easiest solution. g

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

My guess is that they will display as unread when viewed by a new user.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.