Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Philip Martin Philip Martin is offline

Default In table text disappears does not go onto next page? Help

I am using Word 2003 and i have created a table. However when I get to the
bottom of the page the text does not carry one to the next page but just
disappears? How can i stop this?
Please help as I am a teacher and when I print I cannot see all my planning
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: In table text disappears does not go onto next page? Help

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your table in Word 2003. It sounds like the text in your table is getting cut off at the bottom of the page instead of continuing onto the next page.

Here's what you can do to fix this issue:
  1. Click anywhere inside the table to select it.
  2. Go to the "Table" menu at the top of the screen and select "Table Properties."
  3. In the "Table Properties" window, click on the "Row" tab.
  4. Under "Row height," make sure that "Exactly" is selected and that the value is set to "Auto."
  5. Click on the "Options" button.
  6. In the "Row Options" window, make sure that "Allow row to break across pages" is checked.
  7. Click "OK" to close the "Row Options" window.
  8. Click "OK" again to close the "Table Properties" window.

This should allow your table to break across pages and prevent your text from disappearing. If you have multiple rows in your table, you may need to repeat these steps for each row.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

The most likely explanation is that you are working in Print Layout view and
have inadvertently nudged the table handle, which causes the table to become
wrapped. Go to Table Properties, Table tab, and set the text wrapping to
None.

"Philip Martin" Philip wrote in message
I am using Word 2003 and i have created a table. However when I get to the
bottom of the page the text does not carry one to the next page but just
disappears? How can i stop this?
Please help as I am a teacher and when I print I cannot see all my

planning

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Philip Martin[_2_] Philip Martin[_2_] is offline

Thanks Suzanne, sadly that didn`t work. I changed the print laout to normal
and the text is there but when I go to print it prints as if it is off the
bottom of the page.
I can continue to type in the box but the words just disappear. I fyou have
any more ideas it would be much appreciated.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The most likely explanation is that you are working in Print Layout view and
have inadvertently nudged the table handle, which causes the table to become
wrapped. Go to Table Properties, Table tab, and set the text wrapping to
None.

"Philip Martin" Philip wrote in message
I am using Word 2003 and i have created a table. However when I get to the
bottom of the page the text does not carry one to the next page but just
disappears? How can i stop this?
Please help as I am a teacher and when I print I cannot see all my

planning

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

I assure you that this is a symptom of the table being wrapped. Did you
change the wrapping to None on the Table tab of Table Properties? The other
possibility is that you need to go to Format | Columns and click on the
preset picture for One (even if 1 column is already selected).

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The most likely explanation is that you are working in Print Layout view

and
have inadvertently nudged the table handle, which causes the table to

become
wrapped. Go to Table Properties, Table tab, and set the text wrapping to
None.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Philip Martin" Philip wrote in

message
I am using Word 2003 and i have created a table. However when I get to

the
bottom of the page the text does not carry one to the next page but

just
disappears? How can i stop this?
Please help as I am a teacher and when I print I cannot see all my

planning

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Philip Martin[_2_] Philip Martin[_2_] is offline

Hi again

Firstly big thanks for your help, I selected all the table and clicked on
the wrapping and it says none, sadly this did not change anything. Also tried
your second suggestion but still not. Not sure what it could be?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The most likely explanation is that you are working in Print Layout view

and
have inadvertently nudged the table handle, which causes the table to

become
wrapped. Go to Table Properties, Table tab, and set the text wrapping to
None.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Philip Martin" Philip wrote in

message
I am using Word 2003 and i have created a table. However when I get to

the
bottom of the page the text does not carry one to the next page but

just
disappears? How can i stop this?
Please help as I am a teacher and when I print I cannot see all my
planning

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

If you'd like to send the doc to my email, I'll take a look.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I assure you that this is a symptom of the table being wrapped. Did you
change the wrapping to None on the Table tab of Table Properties? The

other
possibility is that you need to go to Format | Columns and click on the
preset picture for One (even if 1 column is already selected).

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Philip Martin" wrote in

message

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Judith W Judith W is offline

Phillip, Check the properties of the row that the text is disappearing from.
If "Allow row to break across pages" is unchecked, you will only see the text
that fits on one page--the rest seems to disappear (but you WILL see it in
normal view, just not page view nor will it print). If the box is unchecked,
then simply check the box and you should then see the text on multiple pages.

To check/modify the properties of just that row, select the row and go to:
Table -- Table Properties

To modify for the entire table, select the entire table and go to:
Table -- Table Properties

If that doesn't fix it, then I don't know either!