GH

Default Is there a guide for "open and repair" ?

Hi,

I have a long document. When I run open/repair I get the following list
of what Word has repaired:

1) Drawn Objects 1
2) Internal Data Integrity (Type 4) 1
3) Numbered Styles 1;
4) Numbered Styles 2
5) Section and Headers 1
6) Section and Headers 2

I tried to locate Drawn Objects, it goes to a picture on page 1, but I
can not see what was/is wrong with that.
I don't understand neither the rest!

I have locked my template.dot to avoid unwished updates of formatting
and styles.
Is it therefor that I always have to repair the document?

Thanks for help

Best regards
Georg

jay m

- no reply yet?
Have you had any more problems with that document or others?

What version of Windows? what version of Word?
Had anything happened before Word announced the repair- was this just
after you locked the template, or after a Windows crash, or you had
done some heavy editing, or what?

regards
Jay

GH

Hi Jay,

thank you for trying to help me.
I really had a lot of problems with this document. Those araised (I
believe) when we swapped from English Word to Swedish Word. Now I'm
back to the English one.
The main problems were that the file increased in size and styles and
formatting simply did not work for some pages. I recieved a lot of help
from this group and I was happy that it seemed to work. Now I have
locked the normal.dot document so that the styles are not updated. But
it seems that there are more "problems" and this error message I
recieve do not help me to find the errors.
Now I have: Office Word 2003 and XP.

Thank you for all help
Regards
Georg

jay m

Hi, Georg
If you haven't reviewed the FAQ site yet, you really should, including
http://word.mvps.org/macwordnew/docu...ioncontent.htm

Also, I understand that saving the document to HTML and opening the new
HTML version can leave a lot of problems behind.
However, not all Word document features survive the trip through HTML.

I would also be tempted to create a new .dot file to associate yoru
document with, and leave that .dot file unlocked.
How's progress?
Regards
Jay

GH

Hi Jay,

I have now tried some days and it seems to work. The open/repair
feature does not update the document every time. I am not sure what it
was (delete revision handling, copy/paste into a new documents.....)

Thank you for the help!

Best regards
Georg