Fred Herr

Default Multiple Footers Within a Document

Hi

First off, I'm using Word 2002 SP3 on Windows XP.

I'm writing a report and I need to incorporate different companies'
disclaimers onto different pages of the report. I am trying to do that
using footers. The Help file in Word 2002 said that I have to break up the
document into sections. I followed the directions Word gave me but it
hasn't worked. When I change the footer in one section all of the footers
in the document change to that footer. I've tried Break Types - Page Break
and Section Break Types - Continuous Break as these seemed the most logical.
Also, when I insert a break there is nothing in the document that shows
where the break is. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Fred

garfield-n-odie

Turn off "same as previous" in the header and footer of each
section, and then modify the footers as desired. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm and
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm for more
information.