ibihab

Default Page numbering keeps restarting

Ever since we upgraded to Office 2003 from Office 97, we've been having
problems with page numbering.

We've got a template that contains several macros to automate several
of our daily publishing functions such as draft stamping and table
layout to name a few.

Since the upgrade, we've had many problems with page numbering where it
restarts after a table. The table is surrounded by continuous breaks
which often seem to be the source of the problem. Sometimes we are able
to delete the table and recreate it with success.

There are also times when a section refuses to continue the section
even though I've told it to under the header/footer settings. Most
times the work around is to set the page numbering manually. For
example: page number 12 is followed by page number 4. I will change it
to 'continue from previous section' and page number 4 will not change.
If I change page number 4 to 'start at' page 13 makes it work...kind
of; when more pages are added prior to page number 12, you get the
idea.

Has anyone else encountered such a problem? Is there a 'fix' for this?
It has been driving me crazy trying to find a solution.

Thanks!

Todd

Stefan Blom

Verify that page numbers are not restarted in the continuous section.
Note that if the section is limited to part of a page, it won't have a
visible header or footer (obviously). One way to handle this is to
insert a temporary page break so that you can see a header and footer
for the continuous section, and then click the Format Page Number
button on the Header/Footer toolbar; in the Page Number Format dialog
box, make sure that "Continue from previous section" is checked, and
then click OK.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP