Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Reddog Reddog is offline

Default Pictures not showing in Word 2007

A user here has Word 2007 with all the latest updates. When she opens
a file with an image insert (like a company logo) the image does not
appear. When she prints, the image prints out fine. We are running
Windows XP sp2. Searching the web I see this error for Word 2003.

I have tried:
removing check box for picture placeholder
paragraph spacing to single
turning hardware acceleration down and eventually OFF
doing a Save As and renaming to see if a fresh save corrects issue

None of the above has worked. I should also mention the PC has 3 GM RAM and
a ATI Radeon Xpress 1150 Series Card.

Any thoughts?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Is the option to "Show drawings and text boxes" checked in Office button |
Word Options, Advanced category?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Reddog" wrote in message
news
A user here has Word 2007 with all the latest updates. When she opens
a file with an image insert (like a company logo) the image does not
appear. When she prints, the image prints out fine. We are running
Windows XP sp2. Searching the web I see this error for Word 2003.

I have tried:
removing check box for picture placeholder
paragraph spacing to single
turning hardware acceleration down and eventually OFF
doing a Save As and renaming to see if a fresh save corrects issue

None of the above has worked. I should also mention the PC has 3 GM RAM
and
a ATI Radeon Xpress 1150 Series Card.

Any thoughts?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Is the option to "Show drawings and text boxes on screen" checked in Office
button | Word Options, Advanced category (under the "Show document content"
heading)?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Reddog" wrote in message
news
A user here has Word 2007 with all the latest updates. When she opens
a file with an image insert (like a company logo) the image does not
appear. When she prints, the image prints out fine. We are running
Windows XP sp2. Searching the web I see this error for Word 2003.

I have tried:
removing check box for picture placeholder
paragraph spacing to single
turning hardware acceleration down and eventually OFF
doing a Save As and renaming to see if a fresh save corrects issue

None of the above has worked. I should also mention the PC has 3 GM RAM
and
a ATI Radeon Xpress 1150 Series Card.

Any thoughts?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
spudsnruf spudsnruf is offline

Hi...I have the same issue with pictures. I've unchecked and checked the
'Show drawings ....." etc. It doesnt seem to make s diffference. i am still
just seeing the bottom section of some pictures (some pictures seem fine
...even thought source is same). Thank you

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Is the option to "Show drawings and text boxes on screen" checked in Office
button | Word Options, Advanced category (under the "Show document content"
heading)?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Reddog" wrote in message
news
A user here has Word 2007 with all the latest updates. When she opens
a file with an image insert (like a company logo) the image does not
appear. When she prints, the image prints out fine. We are running
Windows XP sp2. Searching the web I see this error for Word 2003.

I have tried:
removing check box for picture placeholder
paragraph spacing to single
turning hardware acceleration down and eventually OFF
doing a Save As and renaming to see if a fresh save corrects issue

None of the above has worked. I should also mention the PC has 3 GM RAM
and
a ATI Radeon Xpress 1150 Series Card.

Any thoughts?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If text wrapping choice for the drawings is set to inline with text and the line spacing for the paragraph the picture is in is set
to an 'exact' setting, you'll only be able to see as much of the drawing as that setting supports. Try changing to 'Single'
Home=Paragraph and click on the paragraph dialog launcher (the small square at the bottom of the Paragraph group in the Home
ribbon.

"spudsnruf" wrote in message ...
Hi...I have the same issue with pictures. I've unchecked and checked the
'Show drawings ....." etc. It doesnt seem to make s diffference. i am still
just seeing the bottom section of some pictures (some pictures seem fine
...even thought source is same). Thank you
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP