Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Henrik Henrik is offline

Default Style is changing when I hit enter button

I've created a template that I use to create documents. The standard style is
Body Text, and that is ok, but when I select another style and want to use
that, Word (2002) changes back to Body Text when I hit the enter button (but
not with soft enter (shift+enter)), I'd like it to stay with the style I
selected until I change it back myself. Is that possible?
If I'd like to change the default style for my template, how do I do that?

/Henrik
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

For every paragraph style in Word, you can specify the "style for following
paragraph." For most styles, this is the same style, but for the built-in
heading styles (as an example), the following style is Normal (by default; I
make it Body Text in my templates). You can also, for example, make Body
Text First Indent the following style for Body Text, to generate the sort of
arrangement usually seen in books with subheads, where the first paragraph
following a flush-left heading is not indented, but the rest are.

To change the following style for any given style, you just need to modify
the style; see http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...ifyAStyle.html

news