Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mary N.[_2_] Mary N.[_2_] is offline

Default Using Master Documents in Word 2007

Hi -

I created a master document in Word 2007 made up of several sub-documents a
month ago, and it worked fine. I had to re-generate the master document after
I made changes to some of the sub-documents, but now my document headings are
not correct. Specifically, Word allows me to insert the first two
sub-documents in Outline view successfully: the first document does not
contain headings, but the second document does contain headings (Heading 1.x
and so on) So, the third sub-document should have headings 2.x. But, when I
get to the 2nd sub-document, it numbers these headings as "1". All
sub-documents that come after that are numbered correctly. I checked the
sub-document and tried to inert other sub-documents at this juncture, but I
get the same results: Word just "re-numbers" the third sub-document as "1".
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

It will be easier to keep the contents as a single file. (It will definitely
be safer; see http://word.mvps.org/faqs/general/Wh...ocsCorrupt.htm.)

Alternatively, make use of INCLUDETEXT fields; see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/tblsfldsfm...ldscontent.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP