Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Symbols on equations Symbols on equations is offline

Default symbols equations

I'm trying to open a document with formulas on it, but unfortunatly I cant
see it as it should be, I just can see weird symbols instead of the real
formulas. I've read here some of the problems that look like mine but I still
dont know how to change the font of the microsoft equation. So I would be
very pleased if someone could help me on it. It is possible I dont have those
LC greek characters in my computer?!
Due to this problem I reinstalled the microsoft officed all again yesterday,
and is still the same.
Regards
Pedro
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Mathews Bob Mathews is offline

On 27-Feb-2008, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Was the equation created by Equation Editor in Word 2003 or
earlier, MathType, or the built-in equation editor in Word 2007?

Pedro, Suzanne's question is a good one, but you may not know the
answer or may not know how to find the answer. If you're not sure, all
you need to do is to click once on one of the equations and look in
Word's Status Bar (i.e., the bottom of the Word window). If it says
"Double-click to Edit Microsoft Equation 3.0", then the equation was
created with Equation Editor. If the Status Bar message says
"Double-click to Open MathType 6 Equation", then it was created with
MathType.

You didn't explicitly state that the document was created by someone
else, but I am making that assumption. If this is the case, that
person may have created the equation with the wrong fonts specified
for Symbol Style. If you're able to double-click on one of the
equations and open it in Equation Editor, click Define on the Style
menu and tell us what font is set for Symbol Style.

--
Bob Mathews
Director of Training