Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
P D Sterling P D Sterling is offline

Default envelope wizard defaults

for some unknown reason, my envelope wizard will not accept my defaults.
actually, I have two complaints: 1) it won't make all outgoing and all
return addresses in Times New Roman and a point bigger than the default
default it, and 2) there's some garbage about Asian fonts. I don't speak
any Asian languages, however I want my email and my web-pages to show
the proper text, rather than ??dd22WW&^% on Asian pages onto which I may
stumble.

Is there a way to get the asian languages out of my Word and to get this
stupid wizard to act like a wizard and be wizard!? Any advice would be
gratefully appreciated.
--

Regards,

P D Sterling
New York, Texas & Texas, New York
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

The perennial envelope wizard problems! It may be a surprise to know that
Envelope Address and Return Address are actually styles and to make a
permanent change, you need to edit those style and save the changes. The
Delivery and Return address buttons in the Wizard only affect that one-off
envelope and are not saved.

Colleague Graham Mayor has an excellent article on his support site that
explains step-by-step how to change the envelope display. He also has some
easily modified envelope templates for download which I recommend is a far
better approach than using that Wizard. I just have thee templates for the
three regular envelopes that I use and find it infinitely faster than
struggling with the Wizard.

http://www.gmayor.com/changing_envelope_layout.htm

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"P D Sterling" wrote in message
for some unknown reason, my envelope wizard will not accept my defaults.
actually, I have two complaints: 1) it won't make all outgoing and all
return addresses in Times New Roman and a point bigger than the default
default it, and 2) there's some garbage about Asian fonts. I don't speak
any Asian languages, however I want my email and my web-pages to show the
proper text, rather than ??dd22WW&^% on Asian pages onto which I may
stumble.

Is there a way to get the asian languages out of my Word and to get this
stupid wizard to act like a wizard and be wizard!? Any advice would be
gratefully appreciated.
--

Regards,

P D Sterling
New York, Texas & Texas, New York

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
P D Sterling P D Sterling is offline

I'd kiss your fingers, but its apt to get your keyboard all wet. Thanks
for the tip, which I have bookmarked and will follow eagerly. Now I will
repost and ask how to get Word off the Japanese jag its on.