Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kmac kmac is offline

Default Word proofing tools

As part of its proofing process, Word 2003 creates a red dotted underline
under text that contains numbers w/words. For example, "5 Swarthmore Court"
would be underlined.

How do remove the underline?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Tools, Options, Spelling & Grammar, check "Ignore words with Numbers". That
is not to say that "Swarthmore" wont come up as a unknown spelling.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"kmac" wrote:

As part of its proofing process, Word 2003 creates a red dotted underline
under text that contains numbers w/words. For example, "5 Swarthmore Court"
would be underlined.

How do remove the underline?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
keepsmiling1228 keepsmiling1228 is offline

Word is giving you a smart tag option to allow you to link quickly to map the
address. You should see an icon with an exclamation point, right click on
that icon and hit "remove this smart tag" or go down to "smart tag options"
and (I believe) you can un-check the box that automatically allows the smart
tags to appear.

"kmac" wrote:

As part of its proofing process, Word 2003 creates a red dotted underline
under text that contains numbers w/words. For example, "5 Swarthmore Court"
would be underlined.

How do remove the underline?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

I always forget about this option as I have always had the option turned off.
To turn off, Insert, Autotext, AutoText, Smart Tags, deselect the "Label
text with smart tags" box. Or leave this box and untick the Address
recognizer.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"kmac" wrote:

As part of its proofing process, Word 2003 creates a red dotted underline
under text that contains numbers w/words. For example, "5 Swarthmore Court"
would be underlined.

How do remove the underline?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Moreover, "words with numbers" won't apply to 5 Swarthmore Court because (a)
5 is not part of the word, and (b) Word doesn't mark this address as
misspelled to begin with (it has no problem with "Swarthmore").