Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
fitz fitz is offline

Default Table of Contents

I'm using templates to create standard documents and recently my ToC
hyperlinks have been screwing up. I get the following error.
Opening ""
Hyperlinks can be harmful.... Continue Y/N
I click yes and get
Cannot open specified file

I've checked the hyperlink dialogue box, it points to #_Toc184457749...

I've rebuilt the template and the ToC works from that file, but even when I
link the older documents into the new template the ToC doesn't work.

Please help...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Try recreating the table of contents in the existing documents.

The safest approach is to delete the TOC, and then copy the document
contents, except for the final paragraph mark, ¶, into a new document
created from your re-built template.

Note: To show/hide paragraph marks as well as other nonprinting marks, press
Ctrl+Shift+8.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP