Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gra Gra is offline

Default AutoCorrect

I use AutoCorrect to save time when typing long texts.
For example, I ask it to replace "sy", with "system".

I've never had any problem until, suddenly, it started to do the corrections
before I hit the space bar. This creates a lot of trouble, because it makes
replacements when I don't need them.

In the "system" example, every word starting with "sy" will be immediately
replaced with "system" after typing the letter "y", without waiting for the
space. If I need to type, for instance, "symptom", I end up with
"systemmptom", believe it or not.

This is driving me crazy, I use this tool a lot! What could it be?
Thank you in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Gra,

What version of Word are you using?

Do you see the same behavior if you hold the ctrl key while starting Word?

Do you have any 3rd party keyboard macro/mapper utilities running?

===========

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gra Gra is offline

Hello Bob, thanks for your prompt reply.

I have Word 2003.

Holding the control key while opening Word didnt work. It caused all
autocorrections to go away.

Meanwhile, I found an old post on the same subject that recommended opening
Word with winword.exe /a, and it worked.

I tried copying and pasting the text I was working on when I encountered the
problem into the new document, but it keeps happening.

So, I think the problem is solved for future jobs, at least for now.

You have to excuse my ignorance, but I dont know the answer to your
question about 3rd party keyboard macro/mapper, because I dont know exactly
what that is.
I certainly switch all the time from English to Spanish keyboard mode, if
that tells you something...

Thanks again!

Autocorrect Old Red One New Users 7 October 22nd 07 08:45 PM
Autocorrect Lee Techwriter Microsoft Word Help 3 August 23rd 06 11:54 PM
autocorrect faber arcorum Microsoft Word Help 6 August 23rd 06 06:07 PM
How to copy Autocorrect English GB to Autocorrect English US? muriema Microsoft Word Help 5 April 26th 06 10:59 PM
Autocorrect Lissant Microsoft Word Help 2 May 30th 05 07:35 PM