Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
thdigby thdigby is offline

Default Compatibility Mode and margins 2007

Help! Editing a 2003 doc in 2007, in compatibility mode...Does Word 2007
change the margins of a 2003 document to the default margin settings for 2007
automatically? Trying to determine the original margin settings of the 2003
document. I know what the defaults are for each version of Word THANKS!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

No, the margins of an existing document are not affected when you open a
document in Word 2007.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"thdigby" wrote in message
Help! Editing a 2003 doc in 2007, in compatibility mode...Does Word 2007
change the margins of a 2003 document to the default margin settings for
2007
automatically? Trying to determine the original margin settings of the
2003
document. I know what the defaults are for each version of Word
THANKS!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
thdigby thdigby is offline

Thank you Stefan! Now I know that the margins settings for the 2003 document
have been customized by the creator to 1" all around, NOT changed to 1" by
Word 2007! Thanks Again!