Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Denise Schmidt Denise Schmidt is offline

Default Find an edited attachment save while still attached to the email

I spent over an hour editing (and saving) a word document - when it was
complete, I saved and closed it. The problem is, it was still an attachment
to the email, I forgot to save it to my desktop or anywhere else on my
computer. When I opened the attachment, it was the original, without the
changes I made. Where is the document I saved? This was not done in
Outlook, it was attached to an email in a hotmail account.

Is there any hope of finding the edited document??
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You should never open Word attachments directly from e-mail - however it
*may* be possible to recover your changes. See
http://www.gmayor.com/outlook_attachments.htm (though if the file has been
saved locally it may not be in the identical folder indicated).

Denise Schmidt wrote:
I spent over an hour editing (and saving) a word document - when it
was complete, I saved and closed it. The problem is, it was still an
attachment to the email, I forgot to save it to my desktop or
anywhere else on my computer. When I opened the attachment, it was
the original, without the changes I made. Where is the document I
saved? This was not done in Outlook, it was attached to an email in
a hotmail account.

Is there any hope of finding the edited document??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Denise Schmidt Denise Schmidt is offline

Default Find an edited attachment save while still attached to the ema

Thank you for your quick response, however, the email was in a hotmail
account, not outlook. Will that site still be able to help me find the
document? If I open the file (still attached to the email) it now adds [1]
to the end of the file name so I know my saved copy exists somewhere....