Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gchr gchr is offline

Default Spell Check in Forms

I have a protected form set up & am unable to run spell check. I've read
over the "How to enable the spellchecker..." from MVPS. Is there any other
way of doing this? Evidently MACROS are not my friend & I've been trying to
follow the directions & have had no sucess yet! Please help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

What, exactly, isn't working for you when you use the macro? Do you see an
error message?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"gchr" wrote in message
I have a protected form set up & am unable to run spell check. I've read
over the "How to enable the spellchecker..." from MVPS. Is there any
other
way of doing this? Evidently MACROS are not my friend & I've been trying
follow the directions & have had no sucess yet! Please help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Basically all you have to do is to copy and paste the following into your
template (see http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm ) and attach the
macro to a toolbar button. If you have any other language but English US -
change the line
Selection.LanguageID = wdEnglishUS
to reflect that.
If your form has a password, insert the password between the quotes at the
two places the password is called for

ActiveDocument.Unprotect Password:=""
and
ActiveDocument.Protect _
Type:=wdAllowOnlyFormFields, NoReset:=True, Password:=""

and no there is no other way to spell check a protected form.

Sub SpellCheckForm()
Dim i As Integer
Dim bProtected As Boolean

'Unprotect the file
If ActiveDocument.ProtectionType wdNoProtection Then
bProtected = True
ActiveDocument.Unprotect Password:=""

End If

'check each formfield for spelling
For i = 1 To ActiveDocument.FormFields.Count
ActiveDocument.FormFields(i).Select
#If VBA6 Then
Selection.NoProofing = False
#End If
Selection.LanguageID = wdEnglishUS
Selection.Range.CheckSpelling
Next

'Reprotect the document.
If bProtected = True Then
ActiveDocument.Protect _
Type:=wdAllowOnlyFormFields, NoReset:=True, Password:=""
End If
End Sub

gchr wrote:
I have a protected form set up & am unable to run spell check. I've
read over the "How to enable the spellchecker..." from MVPS. Is
there any other way of doing this? Evidently MACROS are not my
friend & I've been trying to follow the directions & have had no
sucess yet! Please help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gchr gchr is offline

I am unable to open the link you have listed below-we have certain things
blocked & yours come up blocked-Looks like you have an advertisement for Real
Estate with that link.

gchr wrote:
I have a protected form set up & am unable to run spell check. I've
read over the "How to enable the spellchecker..." from MVPS. Is
there any other way of doing this? Evidently MACROS are not my
friend & I've been trying to follow the directions & have had no
sucess yet! Please help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

My web site is a Word based FAQ site (plus a few photographs). It has
advertising by Google AdSense, which if you consider that the traffic
charges on the site for January were £100! is not an unreasonable way of
recovering some of the costs of a site that provides the information it
contains for free. If you block the site, then it's your loss