Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
nisha nisha is offline

Default Word Replacement

Is there a way that I can replace one word in a document that is in it like
100 times
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Nisha wrote:
Is there a way that I can replace one word in a document that is in
it like 100 times

Use the Replace dialog (Ctrl+H). Put in the word that's in the document, and
the text you want to replace it with, and click the Replace All button.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

And... keep in mind that if the word you're replacing is contained in the
interior of other words, they will be changed, too... perhaps contrary to
what you want (e.g., if you replace "live" with "exist", you might end up
replacing relive, liver, and liverworst with things such as reexist,
exister, and existerworst). So, you might want to click the More button
andpay attention to options such as Find whole words only, Match case, and
Find all word forms.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
Nisha wrote:
Is there a way that I can replace one word in a document that is in
it like 100 times

Use the Replace dialog (Ctrl+H). Put in the word that's in the document,
and the text you want to replace it with, and click the Replace All
button.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JR Hester JR Hester is offline

All good suggestions Herb. I also regularly "search" for spacewordspace
then replace spacetermspace as a work around.

Nisha wrote:
Is there a way that I can replace one word in a document that is in
it like 100 times

Use the Replace dialog (Ctrl+H). Put in the word that's in the document,
and the text you want to replace it with, and click the Replace All
button.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Note, however, that, unlike checking "Find whole words only," this would not
find instances of the word followed by punctuation.

Nisha wrote:
Is there a way that I can replace one word in a document that is in
it like 100 times

Use the Replace dialog (Ctrl+H). Put in the word that's in the
document,
and the text you want to replace it with, and click the Replace All
button.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman