Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AshB AshB is offline

Default Synchronising documents on a hard drive

Hi,

Background to problem: My department uses a program that acts as an
interface into an extensive amount of Project files. This program requires a
copy of original document (from Project file) be placed in its Records files.

Is it possible to synchronise the Project file word document and Records
file word document so that when the Project file is updated so is the Records
file?

Both versions are saved on the same drive.

Does this make sense? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Use the macro to save to two locations at
http://www.gmayor.com/automatically_backup.htm

AshB wrote:
Hi,

Background to problem: My department uses a program that acts as an
interface into an extensive amount of Project files. This program
requires a copy of original document (from Project file) be placed in
its Records files.

Is it possible to synchronise the Project file word document and
Records file word document so that when the Project file is updated
so is the Records file?

Both versions are saved on the same drive.

Does this make sense? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter A Peter A is offline

In article ,
says...
Use the macro to save to two locations at
http://www.gmayor.com/automatically_backup.htm

This looks like a very useful macro - thanks. But if the file has
already been saved to the 2 locations, won't the SaveAs commands each
result in a prompt asking if you want to overwrite the files? It would
be nice to avoid this.

--
Peter Aitken
Author, MS Word for Medical and Technical Writers
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The macro doesn't prompt - it simply overwrites any existing file of the
same name.

Peter A wrote:
In article ,
says...
Use the macro to save to two locations at
http://www.gmayor.com/automatically_backup.htm

This looks like a very useful macro - thanks. But if the file has
already been saved to the 2 locations, won't the SaveAs commands each
result in a prompt asking if you want to overwrite the files? It would
be nice to avoid this.

how do i transfer documents from a CD to my hard drive deb Microsoft Word Help 1 March 1st 07 01:10 PM
Lost on my hard drive xnwriter Microsoft Word Help 1 February 4th 07 03:44 AM
Hard Drive Denise Microsoft Word Help 2 February 20th 06 03:50 AM
hyperlink footnotes in long document to documents on hard drive Mossy Microsoft Word Help 0 February 16th 06 11:59 PM
How do I save a file from my hard drive to a CD in my F drive? Big George Microsoft Word Help 2 January 26th 05 10:04 PM