Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ALee ALee is offline

Default How do I fix a gap in endnote numbering?

after an editor rearranged some of my chapter the endnotes had number gaps.
One section skips from 12 to 22, another from 68 to 81. Please help
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

What are the settings for restarts in the endnote options dialog box?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"ALee" wrote in message
after an editor rearranged some of my chapter the endnotes had number
gaps.
One section skips from 12 to 22, another from 68 to 81. Please help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Is Track Changes enabled? If so, the numbering will not be correct until the
changes are accepted. If not, refer to Stefan's suggestion about numbering
restarts.