Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter A Peter A is offline

Default Assigning macro to toolbar

I have added Graham Mayor's useful SaveToTwoLocations macro to my global
template but I cannot get it to display as an icon only on the toolbar.
Here's what happens (Word 2003)

1) I open the global template, add the macro, and use the Customize
dialog box to add the macro to the standard toolbar. It initially
displays as a button with the macro name on it.

2) I use the Modify Selection button in the Custom dialog box to change
the display from Text Only (Always) to Default Style. The toolbar icon
changes to a default icon (which is fine). I save the template and close
Word.

3) I restart Word and the toolbar displays both the icon button and and
the text button with SaveToTwoLocations on it. Both buttons are
connected to the macro.

4) I open the global template again, display the customize dialog box,
click the unwanted text button, and delete it. It disappears from the
toolbar while the icon button remains.

5) I close the Customize dialog box and the icon button disappears too!

How can I get the toolbar to display only an icon button for this macro?

Thanks

--
Peter Aitken
Author, MS Word for Medical and Technical Writers
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I can't think of a reason why this should not stick - assuming that you have
actually saved the global template after changing the toolbar. You would
probably need to add a character and delete it before Word sees a change to
be saved.