Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Fab Fab is offline

Default Word 2007 randomly saves as "read only"

When I'm working in Word 2007, and I want to save a file, "read only" appears
in the title of the document and I have to save my document under a new
name... this is quite annoying.

I have no protection on the folders, I just mentioned all my folders have a
green square in the read only checkbox but this seems to be normal for NTFS?
The option save as read only is not checked in Word.

Does someone have an idea to solve this? Is it a conflict with another
programme as I have the issue with two different versions of Office.

Thanks in advance.