Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pastor Ed Pastor Ed is offline

Default Styles Window

I need a macro command that will open the styles window. I'd like to have it
show by default when I open Word, but I understand that's not possible. The
short macro is the next best solution.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Do you mean like clicking the double A symbol at the end of formatting
toolbar or pressing CTR+ALT+SHIFT+S in Word 2007?

Pastor Ed wrote:
I need a macro command that will open the styles window. I'd like to
have it show by default when I open Word, but I understand that's not
possible. The short macro is the next best solution.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pastor Ed[_2_] Pastor Ed[_2_] is offline

Sorry. Yes, Suzanne. I'm trying to have the Styles Task Pane open easily from
a keyboard command.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I hope I'm wrong, but I can't find any way to do this. Ctrl+F1 (assigned to
ViewTaskPane) opens *a* task pane, but here it is the Getting Started pane.
Styles and Formatting is on the Format menu, and it is listed in both the
Format and All Commands categories on the Commands tab of Tools | Customize,
but it is *not* listed in either category in the Customize Keyboard dialog.
You can open the Style dialog with Ctrl+Shift+S, but apparently you can't
assign a keyboard shortcut to the task pane. Sorry.

"Pastor Ed" wrote in message
Sorry. Yes, Suzanne. I'm trying to have the Styles Task Pane open easily
from
a keyboard command.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

FWIW, you can use a macro such as the following:

Sub StylesPaneToggle()
Application.TaskPanes(wdTaskPaneFormatting).Visibl e = _
Not Application.TaskPanes(wdTaskPaneFormatting).Visibl e
End Sub

See http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Pastor Ed" wrote in message
Sorry. Yes, Suzanne. I'm trying to have the Styles Task Pane open easily
from
a keyboard command.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pastor Ed[_2_] Pastor Ed[_2_] is offline

It does exactly what I wanted. Thanks, Stefan!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You are welcome.

--