Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pat M Pat M is offline

Default How do I fix the numbering - 2.8 to 2.8.2 instead of 2.8.1?

It was fine, then someone else worked on the document - now it's messed up.
At least it's being consistent. I don't want to start the whole thing over
again. Is there a way to fix this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Modify the numbering, and make sure that level 3 has "Start at" set to 1.
See http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html. If you
are using Word 2007 and need more specific instructions, post back.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP