Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ecctse ecctse is offline

Default New Blank Toolbar not shown

I'm using word 2003 & when I tried to create a new toolbar (Tools | Customise
| Toolbars | New) after specifying the new toolbar name to be created and the
tmeplate for (make toolbar available to). Nothing happened. I was expecting
Word to create a new blank toolbar somewhere new the Customise dialog box.
Please help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The toolbar is quite small (big enough for one button) until you add
something to it; it grows as you add each button.

"ecctse" wrote in message
I'm using word 2003 & when I tried to create a new toolbar (Tools |
Customise
| Toolbars | New) after specifying the new toolbar name to be created and
the
tmeplate for (make toolbar available to). Nothing happened. I was
expecting
Word to create a new blank toolbar somewhere new the Customise dialog box.
Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ecctse ecctse is offline

Thanks for your advice. This is not the 1st time I create new toolbars and I
know how small it is until I drag & drop items into it. I looked around
everywhere on the screen but it's nowhere in sight. Any other suggestions?

"ecctse" wrote in message
I'm using word 2003 & when I tried to create a new toolbar (Tools |
Customise
| Toolbars | New) after specifying the new toolbar name to be created and
the
tmeplate for (make toolbar available to). Nothing happened. I was
expecting
Word to create a new blank toolbar somewhere new the Customise dialog box.
Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You might try dragging the Customize dialog aside to see if the toolbar has
appeared behind it.

"ecctse" wrote in message
I'm using word 2003 & when I tried to create a new toolbar (Tools |
Customise
| Toolbars | New) after specifying the new toolbar name to be created
and
the
tmeplate for (make toolbar available to). Nothing happened. I was
expecting
Word to create a new blank toolbar somewhere new the Customise dialog
box.
Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ecctse ecctse is offline

Dragged the Customize dialog box everywhere but the new toolbar control is
still nowhere is sight. Obviously it's not that simple or I will not post the
question here.
Any word settings or any other reasons that word will not create a new
toolbar control?

"ecctse" wrote in message
I'm using word 2003 & when I tried to create a new toolbar (Tools |
Customise
| Toolbars | New) after specifying the new toolbar name to be created
and
the
tmeplate for (make toolbar available to). Nothing happened. I was
expecting
Word to create a new blank toolbar somewhere new the Customise dialog
box.
Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm sorry. I'm afraid I can't think of any.

"ecctse" wrote in message
I'm using word 2003 & when I tried to create a new toolbar (Tools |
Customise
| Toolbars | New) after specifying the new toolbar name to be
created
and
the
tmeplate for (make toolbar available to). Nothing happened. I was
expecting
Word to create a new blank toolbar somewhere new the Customise
dialog
box.
Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Ecctse,

If you use Start=Run
Winword.exe /A
and then use Tools=Customize to add a toolbar to Document 1 rather than to Normal.dot does it work?

=============

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ecctse ecctse is offline

Hi Bob,

Yes, the new toolbar does appear. What does the switch /A mean please? Any
other workarounds?

Many thanks,

"ecctse" wrote in message ...

Dragged the Customize dialog box everywhere but the new toolbar control is
still nowhere is sight. Obviously it's not that simple or I will not post the
question here.
Any word settings or any other reasons that word will not create a new
toolbar control?
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It can point to a conflicting add-in controlling some of Word's features or a corrupted template file.

Using Word with the /A startup switch is a diagnostic rather than implementation step. The information here may be helpful:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm

============
"ecctse" wrote in message ...
Hi Bob,

Yes, the new toolbar does appear. What does the switch /A mean please? Any
other workarounds?

Many thanks,
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ecctse ecctse is offline

Hi Bob,

Once I load all the custom templates (about 10 of them), it crashes. Now I
need to debug which of them is/are corrupted.

Many thanks again,

"ecctse" wrote in message ...
Hi Bob,

Yes, the new toolbar does appear. What does the switch /A mean please? Any
other workarounds?

Many thanks,
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ecctse ecctse is offline

Hi Suzanne,

Thanks so much for your help. I guess I must have some of my custom
templates corrupted that cause the problem.

Cheers,

"ecctse" wrote in message
I'm using word 2003 & when I tried to create a new toolbar (Tools |
Customise
| Toolbars | New) after specifying the new toolbar name to be created and
the
tmeplate for (make toolbar available to). Nothing happened. I was
expecting
Word to create a new blank toolbar somewhere new the Customise dialog box.
Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ecctse ecctse is offline

Hi Bob & Suzanne,

You guys a legend. I've just found that my Normal.dot is corrupted. Once I
restored a health one. I can create new toolbar now.

Thanks,