Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Valentin Valentin is offline

Default Office 2003 OEM: ok on desktop and notebook?

My Office 2003 OEM CD is in the mail, but before installing I would like to
be certain what the rules are.
Is it okay to install it on both desktop and notebook and later get
appropriate Office updates for both?
Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon Gordon is offline

Valentin wrote:
My Office 2003 OEM CD is in the mail, but before installing I would like
to be certain what the rules are.
Is it okay to install it on both desktop and notebook and later get
appropriate Office updates for both?
Thanks in advance.

OEM is good for ONE install only AFAIK.....
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Yes. You may install it on a desktop and a laptop PROVIDING:

That it is EXCLUSIVELY for your use and
That only one is in use at any given time.

So you cannot use it on your laptop if your children/spouse/flat mate are
going to use your desktop whilst you are away using your notebook.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Valentin" wrote in message
My Office 2003 OEM CD is in the mail, but before installing I would like
to be certain what the rules are.
Is it okay to install it on both desktop and notebook and later get
appropriate Office updates for both?
Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon Gordon is offline

Terry Farrell wrote:
Yes. You may install it on a desktop and a laptop PROVIDING:

That it is EXCLUSIVELY for your use and
That only one is in use at any given time.

So you cannot use it on your laptop if your children/spouse/flat mate
are going to use your desktop whilst you are away using your notebook.

With OEM? I thought OEM version was ONE install only....
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

He said it was OEM. That pretty much restricts it to one system.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Valentin" wrote in message
My Office 2003 OEM CD is in the mail, but before installing I would like
to be certain what the rules are.
Is it okay to install it on both desktop and notebook and later get
appropriate Office updates for both?
Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon Gordon is offline

JoAnn Paules wrote:
He said it was OEM. That pretty much restricts it to one system.

From MS UK:
http://www.microsoft.com/uk/licensin...an250/faq.mspx

Bottom question under desktop applications.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Yep, that what I said. ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Gordon" wrote in message
JoAnn Paules wrote:
He said it was OEM. That pretty much restricts it to one system.

From MS UK:
http://www.microsoft.com/uk/licensin...an250/faq.mspx

Bottom question under desktop applications.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Valentin Valentin is offline

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
Yes. You may install it on a desktop and a laptop PROVIDING:

That it is EXCLUSIVELY for your use and
That only one is in use at any given time.

So you cannot use it on your laptop if your children/spouse/flat mate are
going to use your desktop whilst you are away using your notebook.

Thank you very much.
No, it will be exclusively for my personal use, and when I'm away in Europe
with my notebook for 6 months, my desktop computer is turned off, protected
by a password.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Valentin" wrote in message
My Office 2003 OEM CD is in the mail, but before installing I would like
to be certain what the rules are.
Is it okay to install it on both desktop and notebook and later get
appropriate Office updates for both?
Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Sorry you are correct. I am confusing this with a retail box. The OEM
package must be purchased with qualifying equipment and is only ever
licensed for that equipment. The license to use it dies with the equipment.

Stupid me for forgetting that!

Maybe Office 2003 Students and Teachers would be useful if it is still
available.

Terry

"Gordon" wrote in message
Terry Farrell wrote:
Yes. You may install it on a desktop and a laptop PROVIDING:

That it is EXCLUSIVELY for your use and
That only one is in use at any given time.

So you cannot use it on your laptop if your children/spouse/flat mate are
going to use your desktop whilst you are away using your notebook.

With OEM? I thought OEM version was ONE install only....

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Valentin Valentin is offline

Thank you JoAnn,
I have read the link
http://www.microsoft.com/uk/licensin...an250/faq.mspx

It clearly states: OEM - one computer.

"JoAnn Paules" wrote in message
Yep, that what I said. ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Gordon" wrote in message
JoAnn Paules wrote:
He said it was OEM. That pretty much restricts it to one system.

From MS UK: