Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jeff Korn Jeff Korn is offline

Default How to permanently activate Macros?

When I open certain Excel or Word documents then I am always asked if I want to enable or disable
embedded macros.

How can I permanently active these macros (when I open the document later again)?

However I do NOT want to change the document file itself.
Other user who may have access to the documents as well should have the choice to
disable them).

I could imagine that MsOffice resp. Word/Excel maintains an internal list
where "always activate macros for docs" are entered and remembered.

If this is not possible:

Is there a way to always allow macros for me (=when I open them) ?

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Look into digitally signing the projects. There is lots of help on doing that.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Jeff Korn" wrote:

When I open certain Excel or Word documents then I am always asked if I want to enable or disable
embedded macros.

How can I permanently active these macros (when I open the document later again)?

However I do NOT want to change the document file itself.
Other user who may have access to the documents as well should have the choice to
disable them).

I could imagine that MsOffice resp. Word/Excel maintains an internal list
where "always activate macros for docs" are entered and remembered.

If this is not possible:

Is there a way to always allow macros for me (=when I open them) ?

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.word.newusers
DeanH DeanH is offline

Another possible solution, and one personal to you and your machine, go to
Tools, Macros, Security, change the level to one you are comfortable with.
Be aware that you could be leaving yourself vulnerable, say if you are the
sort of person who receives documents from other people that could contain
macros, etc.

Hope this helps
DeanH